• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
I hope enough people vote with their wallets on this release and keep them closed!! Nvidia need to get the message. Sadly, I think enough of the Nvidiots and die-hard fanboys will buy enough to keep prices at these insane levels. I'd hope people would see sense, but I fear that may just be wishful thinking. :(

Soldato
I hope enough people vote with their wallets on this release and keep them closed!! Nvidia need to get the message. Sadly, I think enough of the Nvidiots and die-hard fanboys will buy enough to keep prices at these insane levels. I'd hope people would see sense, but I fear that may just be wishful thinking. :(

See, told you, Nvidia are stupid enough to release the 2080 on par with the 1080ti. :p Seriously though, there was no way Tom Petersen was sand bagging with all the bad press about price these cards were getting and there was no way in hell he didn't know the exact performance. DLSS and Ray Tracing will be the things that will hopefully make these cards special. The problem might be that 7nm cards will be out by the time these two technologies are bedded in.

Soldato
See, told you, Nvidia are stupid enough to release the 2080 on par with the 1080ti. :p Seriously though, there was no way Tom Petersen was sand bagging with all the bad press about price these cards were getting and there was no way in hell he didn't know the exact performance. DLSS and Ray Tracing will be the things that will hopefully make these cards special. The problem might be that 7nm cards will be out by the time these two technologies are bedded in.

Oh I don't doubt DLSS in particular will be a big bonus when these cards can take advantage of it... but yes, that's months away, and 7nm won't be far off then. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia delay 7nm if these cards don't sell that well over the next few months. They can't just write off the 20xx series as a failure.

Soldato

Mine has shipped and should be with me tomorrow.

I've been out of PC gaming for nearly a decade and when I decided to get back into it I purposefully set aside a few grand to build an absolutely top of the range system.

I figured that if i'm going to do it, I may as well do it properly. Especially given that I'm a freelance software developer who works primarily from home and will see a huge amount of use out of the beast.

So even despite the admittedly ridiculous price, i'm not even in the slightest bit disappointed with the benchmarks.

All I was ever after was for something that does 4K 60FPS in everything I throw at it.

Soldato
Mine has shipped and should be with me tomorrow.

I've been out of PC gaming for nearly a decade and when I decided to get back into it I purposefully set aside a few grand to build an absolutely top of the range system.

I figured that if i'm going to do it, I may as well do it properly. Especially given that I'm a freelance software developer who works primarily from home and will see a huge amount of use out of the beast.

So even despite the admittedly ridiculous price, i'm not even in the slightest bit disappointed with the benchmarks.

All I was ever after was for something that does 4K 60FPS in everything I throw at it.

Enjoy the card!! Give us a full rundown when you get it. Hopefully @Kaapstad will have an owners thread started by then.

Associate
From what I have seen so far

1. 2080Ti seems good, 2080 seems a bit of a damp squib at the moment.

2. Both overclock ok but nothing better than previous generation and starting off from a low base this gen, but still good overclock is there for taking.

3. Nothing fantastic on the ray tracing or tensor special AA to give that wow factor, as nvidia still progresses that with the devs

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Same here. However, I won’t spend a penny more than the £1049 price from Nvidia direct for a FE Ti even if I have to wait until the New Year for it to become back in stock.

Would probably pay the same for an EVGA SC Ultra too but they’re currently £1249 and I flatly refuse to pay that. £1049 is already too much TBF.

Soldato
From what I have seen so far

1. 2080Ti seems good, 2080 seems a bit of a damp squib at the moment.

At the price it is, the 2080 is just not worth it. It needed to come in at same price as the 1080Ti to be viable, as it's basically the same performance... minus DLSS and RTX features of course, but that's worth nowt today and we'll be waiting months for it. From a performance/value perspective, you're simply better off with a 1080Ti in the here and now. Disappointing.

The 2080Ti arguably makes sense if you're at 4K and want to chuck everything at it without fear of not achieving a solid 60FPS... and don't mind paying a whopping premium for the privilege of course!

That said, as much as I do like 4K, the logic of paying over £1K for 60FPS gaming in late 2018 doesn't sit right with me... if we had 4K 120/144Hz monitors it would be more tempting, as clearly the 2080Ti can go well beyond 60FPS @ 4K in many games. By the time we have such monitors at an affordable price though, 7nm cards will be around the corner most likely, or we'll at least have seen a slight price drop on the 20xx series. First adopters who must be on the bleeding edge always get fleeced though.

:(

Last edited:
Soldato
Congratulations to Nvidia, nobody thought they could make a high end dual axial fan cooler that performed just as bad as a reference blower, but they found a way ^^

Seriously, how do you **** that up? lol.

Back
Top Bottom