• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Permabanned
Dont Worry guys. AMD Navi is just around the corner it wont be as fast as 2080Ti but after AMD starts seling Navi cost of 2080ti will go down so everyone can afford to buy NV cards. And AMD will be left with warehouse of cards that only miners will buy.

Tell me it wont be like that ?? It's ALWAYS like that and tahts why NV can sell gpus at whatever price they want :D

Associate
I upgraded my GTX 1080 to a 1080ti 35% faster for 700 pounds why would i pay 1200 pounds on a 2080ti for the same percentage rip off.

Can you give me an exact break down of the cost of the components, engineering, R&D and the ongoing driver support? On what basis can you say it is a rip off?
(The 2080ti FE is £1099 by the way)

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Dont Worry guys. AMD Navi is just around the corner it wont be as fast as 2080Ti but after AMD starts seling Navi cost of 2080ti will go down so everyone can afford to buy NV cards. And AMD will be left with warehouse of cards that only miners will buy.

Tell me it wont be like that ?? It's ALWAYS like that and tahts why NV can sell gpus at whatever price they want :D

And what you will do about this? Forgot. You have a Titan....
Hypocrite :p

Soldato
I think it’s more something that will definitely improve with time via DLSS. But on launch at those prices I’d rather wait until RTX and DLSS are duly implemented and get one for a cheaper price on sale or something like that.

This gen does make the 1080Ti look like a steal even used for £450 which most are going for.

Soldato
I'm still happy with my 2080Ti FE pre-order. In every metric it'll smash the theoretical performance of my SLI 1070s, and I'll not have to worry about SLI support. Lower power consumption too. It might be a bit louder though. It's just a shame it's so eye wateringly expensive. (Mind you the 1070s were just north of £800 for the pair, and then there was the £35 HB SLI bridge tax)

Without any of the new features being supported yet though, the 2080 looks like a lame duck next to a 1080Ti. I'm not sure the 2070 will be a good buy either.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I gave the source of my information and I didn't state it like it was the absolute fact of the matter.

You are wasting your time on the internet - no one cares about facts or evidence. I mean look at the number of posters here who repeatedly perpetuate the same incorrect information even after someone links them to hard fact that it is wrong...

Soldato
As I thought - Jay summed it up.

Each generation has been 25% more performance for the same cost as the previous generation until you hit the 10 series and now taking it to a new level the 20 series 25% performance for 70% cost increase.... yeah right. So glad I bought my 1080ti.

Yeah this launch has been awful. The worst I've ever seen for sure.

Only devotees will buy these cards, and that's fine. One day I might pick one up cheap on MM to have a play xD

Maybe AMD will bring something a bit more exciting price / performance wise in future.

In the meantime, move along nothing to see here...

Back
Top Bottom