Robo Recall on Oculus Rift- Wow

Soldato
This game keeps getting better and better for me, I have put the sensors up high on the wall today as advised by you guys in vr section and switched robo recall to full room mode and it feels much better, no more messages keep telling me to face the right way or having to guess which way I'm going to face after teleport.
Also I have switched my sound from the included headphones to my surround system.

Everything feels so natural now, it actually feels like I'm out on the street shooting robots :)

I just need the hdmi extension lead to turn up so I can move a bit more.

I would love to see a picture of the setup if you wouldnt mind?

2 or 3 sensors may I ask?

Can you have 1 sensor high and the other low?

Soldato
I would love to see a picture of the setup if you wouldnt mind?

2 or 3 sensors may I ask?

Can you have 1 sensor high and the other low?

I don't know much about rift I literally only got mine yesterday and just following advice from guys in rift thread vr section.

I am just using 2 sensors on the same wall at ceiling height about 10 feet apart.

Soldato
Sweet, thanks.

Could you take a picture if possible?

So youre saying you are not using the headphones but just the dolby speakers?

Yeah Im still experimenting with it only put the sensors up high on the wall today.

I just now switched robo recall back to front facing mode because of 2 reason, the voices and theme music are only coming out of centre speaker so it's just wierd when you are facing wrong way and I seem to have a bit of blind spot in cirtain situations where guns are not registered properly.

So before I play full room again I will need to see if I can maybe find fix/workaround for music and voice only coming out of centre speaker and try repositioning my sensors or getting a third.

Soldato
Yeah Im still experimenting with it only put the sensors up high on the wall today.

I just now switched robo recall back to front facing mode because of 2 reason, the voices and theme music are only coming out of centre speaker so it's just wierd when you are facing wrong way and I seem to have a bit of blind spot in cirtain situations where guns are not registered properly.

So before I play full room again I will need to see if I can maybe find fix/workaround for music and voice only coming out of centre speaker and try repositioning my sensors or getting a third.

Itll be because of the third sensor bud, ideally you need one behind you too otherwise you get a blind spot and it goes a bit wibble.

Soldato
Itll be because of the third sensor bud, ideally you need one behind you too otherwise you get a blind spot and it goes a bit wibble.

Yeah I was just saying in the other thread if I need to get 3rd sensor I will, from what I got to experience earlier playing in full room mode felt really good.

Soldato
Yeah I was just saying in the other thread if I need to get 3rd sensor I will, from what I got to experience earlier playing in full room mode felt really good.

Well worth it, I had my front two in the normal positions wall mounted left and right, and the third roof mounted on the back edge of the room. makes so much difference!

Soldato
How do you guys extend the sensors out so much? Some kind of usb extension cable?

The extension I used for sensor was just one laying round I had bought for my controller, I think they about £3 on ebay and was a usb3 1.5 meter but it was a while ago I bought it so not sure what model.

The extensions I bought for the rift headset were 2 meter ugreen hdmi cable and a 2 meter ugreen usb cables recommended buy the guys in rift section they were a bit more expensive about £6.50 each but look well made.

Soldato
How does "raw data" compare to robo recall?

Any one with a Vive successfully ported robo recall over and if so how does it play with Vive wands?

Soldato
OP
If you want I can take a pic of my setup using 2 sensors. It isn't pretty because I don't have USB 3 extensions or mounts for the walls but I have the positions for working great 360 degrees.

I'll describe it. Basically one sensor up high on the wall as far as possible and facing towards you at a 45' angle looking down.
The other sensor is slightly behind you but off to the left or right side. This one is 90' in relation to the first one, also high up and at a 45' looking down. Overall the sensors are about 10-12 feet apart and give a pretty large deep blue area of tracking for all the way around.
Works a treat. Just need to switch off that annoying message in robo recall that only appears for 2 sensors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom