Robo Recall on Oculus Rift- Wow

Soldato
I have to make a thread about this. Just got an Oculus Rift out of sheer curiosity and tried this game thinking it would be alright and what can I say. Blew my mind. I actually can't believe it's free either.
I haven't been this impressed by a game since Doom 3 came out and it's the most fun i'v had playing a game in many years. Maybe ever.
The rift is worth every penny just for this. It's made a believer of VR out of me. Absolutely outstanding!

Soldato
I have to make a thread about this. Just got an Oculus Rift out of sheer curiosity and tried this game thinking it would be alright and what can I say. Blew my mind. I actually can't believe it's free either.
I haven't been this impressed by a game since Doom 3 came out and it's the most fun i'v had playing a game in many years. Maybe ever.
The rift is worth every penny just for this. It's made a believer of VR out of me. Absolutely outstanding!
It is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. You should jump in the VR subforum with the rest of us.

Soldato
OP
Permabanned
My favourite VR experience too.

Most fun I’ve had gaming in 10 years or more, one of the most enjoyable games ever.

And it’s done so well with so many nuances and so much fun it has loads of replayability.

I find myself reinstalling the Rift just to have a giggle in there and try different play styles like seeing if I can complete a round without using any weapons, just grabbing the bots, using them as shields, pulling them apart... throwing them over the edge or at each other and catching the bullets to throw them back, or just swiping them out of the air.

Such a brilliant game... wish they had made a much longer campaign or maybe multiplayer.

Can’t wait to see what they use this platform to release in the future.

Associate
“One of us, one of us”

Head on over to the VR section man!

Robo Recall blew me away at first too, it still does! Tearing a Robots leg off and beating him to death with if then using the robot as a shield before throwing it will never get old

If you want to be completely immersed and have a some tripy out of body experiences in your day to day life (doesn’t last for too long sadly), get Lone Echo, if you thought Robo Recall is amazing this will blow your socks off, I have never felt so engaged and part of a story.

Soldato
Try Arizona Sunshine as well. These 2 are probably the only good VR "FPS" games so far tbh.

The others are quite gimmicky, clumsy or not really VR.

Soldato
OP
My favourite VR experience too.

Most fun I’ve had gaming in 10 years or more, one of the most enjoyable games ever.

And it’s done so well with so many nuances and so much fun it has loads of replayability.

I find myself reinstalling the Rift just to have a giggle in there and try different play styles like seeing if I can complete a round without using any weapons, just grabbing the bots, using them as shields, pulling them apart... throwing them over the edge or at each other and catching the bullets to throw them back, or just swiping them out of the air.

Such a brilliant game... wish they had made a much longer campaign or maybe multiplayer.

Can’t wait to see what they use this platform to release in the future.
My favourite thing to do is to grab a robot, lift it up Arnold style then draw a shotgun from the back and just point blank blow it's head off :D
Also great fun trying to pre aim to the left or right before a teleport so I can appear behind them and then blam, another shotgun to the head.

“One of us, one of us”

Head on over to the VR section man!

Robo Recall blew me away at first too, it still does! Tearing a Robots leg off and beating him to death with if then using the robot as a shield before throwing it will never get old

If you want to be completely immersed and have a some tripy out of body experiences in your day to day life (doesn’t last for too long sadly), get Lone Echo, if you thought Robo Recall is amazing this will blow your socks off, I have never felt so engaged and part of a story.
Will do. Can't wait to try this one either. Seems right up my street TBH. Between that, the zombie game and Doom3 I'll be busy for ages.

Last edited:
Soldato
ROOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RECAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Makes the hair on my back stick up when I play this game. Just pure epic.

Its amazing there hasn't been another game that has emulated Roborecall from the likes of EA e.g. battlefield and what not.....

Also, youd think that developers would develop MMORPGs.

Can you imagine first person VR MMORPGs if done correctly? Would be frikkin awesome.

Associate
Gun club vr is pretty good. Reminds me of time crisis.

I really want lone echo but £30 for 6-8 hours of gameplay is an insane price. I'd expect a free download for echo combat at the very minimum for that price

Associate
for me Lone echo is my favourite VR game if not favourite gaming experience ever! Really want to try Hellblade but not going to as I have 970 gtx lol

The other free game Lucky's tale is great as well! Actually I wish more VR platformers came out

So I keep reading but would you pay £30 for it?

Soldato
Gun club vr is pretty good. Reminds me of time crisis.

I really want lone echo but £30 for 6-8 hours of gameplay is an insane price. I'd expect a free download for echo combat at the very minimum for that price

was only about £20 in the daily deal when the summer sale was on, might go down in the next sale?

Back
Top Bottom