Destiny 2

Associate
It's pretty weird coming back into D2 having not played it all, but having 1000+ hours in D1.

Lots of nice improvements to the missions, UI, characters, graphics look great. Forgot how great the sound and gunplay is still. Playing the story it feels like a proper Bungie game, suitably epic so far.

Feels like there's a lot more to do than D1?

With the recent Forsaken update there is a lot to do, almost to much. You have the usual powerful engrams to collect, the various bounties/challenges and their is the Dreaming City where by all accounts there is still a lot to unlock that we haven't seen. And to finish it off the raid, which reminds me a lot of the Kingsfall raid (I never did Wrath of the Machine, so can't comment), having only done the first boss encounter.

The Forsaken exp has definitely done a lot to improve what was a mediocre first person shooter up to this point.

edit** Oh and almost forgot, Gambit :D.

Soldato
Not sure I want to get back into raiding :p I've just got the vanilla game from PSPlus so happily plodding through the story.

It looks like vanilla level caps at 20? Then another 10 for each expansion I guess?

How gimped is the vanilla game? I can see Gambit on the director but it also says level advantages enabled, and presumably I can't get anywhere close to the power limit, so it's effectively off limits....?

Soldato
Just finished warmind dlc, was disappointing but good boss fight at the end at least.

Moving onto forsaken now, would any one be willing to do the old raids with me? I'd also like to get the trophy for it

Soldato
Its become so buggy this game! Last three times I've tried to play had to wait ages whilst it updated and 'copied files'.

Couldn't get back into a transcendence quest whilst my fireteam were battling it out and ended up losing out on the completion.

We played a quest mission on the dreaming city the other day (two ogres at the end) - I died and got booted out to a part where no matter which way I went it kept saying "turn back now" - so I couldn't get back into the main fighting arena. One of the fireteam also experienced the same! poor wolfie left on his own to battle it out - lol.

One thing I've realised with this game is theres no point playing every single day. Drops are FAR better when you play after about 2-3 days.

Its a proper grind now to get up to a decent level - getting bored tbh.

Soldato
Finished the story, much better than D1.

Thought I'd knock off the two strikes quest.....90 minutes gone. What did they do to the matchmaking? It's cack.

Also, all the talk of the grind they've added in Forsaken totally puts me off....got better things to do. Bring on AC next week!

Soldato
Any one else find loading times terrible, I can make a drink and go to toilet before this has loaded into a match or loaded anything in general?

I don't recall it being this bad when I played it at launch

Soldato
Any one else find loading times terrible, I can make a drink and go to toilet before this has loaded into a match or loaded anything in general?

I don't recall it being this bad when I played it at launch

Yep, you spend more time loading/matchmaking than playing the game, it's useless.

Soldato
So I played and enjoyed the vanilla destiny 2 game. Stopped when I run out of things to do.

I'm tempted by forsaken and catchup the other dlc. What do I need to buy? Seems all very confusing.

Associate
So I played and enjoyed the vanilla destiny 2 game. Stopped when I run out of things to do.

I'm tempted by forsaken and catchup the other dlc. What do I need to buy? Seems all very confusing.

You need the first 2 DLC's - Curse of Osiris and Warmind installed before you can install Forsaken. So it may be a case of poking your wallet. Else, there is the "D2 Legendary Collection" with all the DLC's included as one whole package. That may work out cheaper than buying CoO and Warmind with Forsaken ontop.

Shawrey

Soldato
You need the first 2 DLC's - Curse of Osiris and Warmind installed before you can install Forsaken. So it may be a case of poking your wallet. Else, there is the "D2 Legendary Collection" with all the DLC's included as one whole package. That may work out cheaper than buying CoO and Warmind with Forsaken ontop.

Shawrey

Thanks

Soldato

Yea I finished the free version, was enjoying it (until I didn't) and realized its just a Destiny 1 expansion, whats the point in gear at all when you replace it every 5 minutes, its such a cop out.

And the story? haha what story, its still a total cluster****.

Associate
Good run through the Leviathon last night with the guys, got dr gud bud through it and there were only a couple of wipes so pretty straight forward. Had fun.

Just got to tackle that Last Wish.

Oh and some are saying Thunderlord will make an appearance in Festival of the cost, take that with a pinch of salt though.

If your after Malfeasence then this week (full curse) is the best week to go for it, more chance of the boss spawning.

Soldato
So I've just ordered the forsaken leg edition. Haven't played since vanilla.

What is the best way to tackle and catch up? Go through the story line and hit each challenge as it comes?

Is there a raid for each dlc? So I've got potentially 3 to try beyond calus?

Associate
So I've just ordered the forsaken leg edition. Haven't played since vanilla.

What is the best way to tackle and catch up? Go through the story line and hit each challenge as it comes?

Is there a raid for each dlc? So I've got potentially 3 to try beyond calus?

You can use a spark of light boost to increase your character level to play Forsaken campaign straight away - I believe you only get 1 free though others cost real world money.

There is 3 different instances of the Leviathan Raid setting. The main one Callus and two shorter (and arguably easier) ones that were released with the first two DLC's. The Last Wish raid has entry requirements of 550 light which is a fair grind. Most streamers are over this now at around 580-ish but I dont know if there is someone at the full 600 yet.

Shawrey

Soldato
Of
You can use a spark of light boost to increase your character level to play Forsaken campaign straight away - I believe you only get 1 free though others cost real world money.

There is 3 different instances of the Leviathan Raid setting. The main one Callus and two shorter (and arguably easier) ones that were released with the first two DLC's. The Last Wish raid has entry requirements of 550 light which is a fair grind. Most streamers are over this now at around 580-ish but I dont know if there is someone at the full 600 yet.

Shawrey

Oh thanks. Might level main to 50 and use a second character with he boost.

Back
Top Bottom