Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One)

Soldato
Just wish they had my car in it (306gti6)

I'd love to live my 450hp Highboost Supercharger dreams on UK roads with one :p

Next buy will be an E30 M3 I think.

306 GTI 6... that brings back memories. It was my dream car once upon a time. They brought out a cheaper variant with not as good trim but can't remember the name. Massive 205 GTI fan here :)

Soldato
What are the voice overs like?

I [finally] fired up FH3 last night, and couldn't stand the horrendous cringe-worthy people in it, and likely fake Aussie accents. I don't recall FH2 having them, certainly not bad enough to annoy me that is.

Caporegime
Daniel Lapane who is the voice of the barn finds guy (Warren) in FH3 is Australian

The main woman (Kiera) though is clearly Irish, and the actress is indeed from Ireland.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Game is great, one major almost game breaking issue for me is the windscreen reflection and the rain effects with the wipers on. I use cockpit view and the reflection at some points with the sun is ridiculous, all I can concentrate on is the refection of the hands and the same with the rain, the rain drops are not too bad but the identical straight line of water it makes each time the wipers go is all I can see when driving :( It's superb in this view when there is no sun reflection or rain but awful otherwise and I don't like any of the other views :( Please tell me you can turn these effects off?

Soldato
Game is great, one major almost game breaking issue for me is the windscreen reflection and the rain effects with the wipers on. I use cockpit view and the reflection at some points with the sun is ridiculous, all I can concentrate on is the refection of the hands and the same with the rain, the rain drops are not too bad but the identical straight line of water it makes each time the wipers go is all I can see when driving :( It's superb in this view when there is no sun reflection or rain but awful otherwise and I don't like any of the other views :( Please tell me you can turn these effects off?

You can turn off the windscreen reflections within the game settings. I don’t know about the rain drops though.

For me, this game is superb. It’s a console seller for sure, especially since it’s available on Game Pass as well. It’s so much fun, laid back, the graphics are gorgeous, the cars are amazing and the showcase events are epic! It’s also made me remember just how much I love driving games!

I’ve just done the Halo Showcase and holy crap that was amazing! It brought back so many great memories of playing Halo co-op with my best friend many years ago. I’m really amazed that they’ve put something so cool into this game and it makes me really look forward to trying Halo Anniversary on Game Pass as well!

Soldato
The off-road rally races are superb reminds me of Rally Sport challenge. Really enjoying them....

I think the brilliant thing is the game has something for all car racing lovers and it does everything really well. Sure, sometimes it can be really cheesy but I love the fact that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s an amazing racing game.

Soldato
Fantastic game, minor complaints are the small number of showcases, the huge amount of pointless prizes (costumes, horns) and that you can't manually change the seasons.

Everything else is incredible, heaps of content and each of the different event types could be a standalone game. I've not really done much of the online stuff yet but seems to be hours of fun there as well.

Soldato
Ok so one thing that I’ve found that I don’t like is having to buy the optional DLC to be able to do some events. I’ve just driven 12 miles to an event, signed up and then it came up telling me I had to purchase a new car for it. So I opened up the shop option that it gave to me and it was a James Bond vehicle only. It costs 600k on the store and that’s only after I’ve bought the DLC pack with my own money. I can’t do the seasonal event without a James Bond car, and that really sucks! I don’t like this direction that games are taking. Paying for the extras that should really be in as standard, or requiring you to have that purchased content in order to play those bits of the game. It shouldn’t show up if you don’t have the DLC.

Associate
Is that the but where you can create your own event and therefore choose which class of card it includes? It even tells you how many cars you own in that class.

Soldato
It does like to push dlc in your face quite a bit. Most times when you load it has a screen telling you what DLC is available now that you have to skip to continue. I’m playing the game pass version so maybe there is more DLC push with that ?

Soldato
OP
It does like to push dlc in your face quite a bit. Most times when you load it has a screen telling you what DLC is available now that you have to skip to continue. I’m playing the game pass version so maybe there is more DLC push with that ?

I had that early game a bit, but it was just telling me that stuff is available now to download such as the car packs, I have the ultimate edition. Not had anymore dlc pushed at me for a while.

Soldato
Hit a weird point today, I'd done the showcases and got my yellow wristband which didn't take as long as expected. I did the stunt storyline which was good fun and then found myself feeling a bit aimless. There are heaps of races left to do but it feels just like playing Horizon 3 at this point and I put in so many hours that a heavy feeling of deja vu kicked in.

Going to take a break for a week or two and see if it feels fresh again but quite glad I got this on gamepass rather than paying full price as i've not even put in 10 hours and don't feel compelled to play much more.

Soldato
Ok so one thing that I’ve found that I don’t like is having to buy the optional DLC to be able to do some events. I’ve just driven 12 miles to an event, signed up and then it came up telling me I had to purchase a new car for it. So I opened up the shop option that it gave to me and it was a James Bond vehicle only. It costs 600k on the store and that’s only after I’ve bought the DLC pack with my own money. I can’t do the seasonal event without a James Bond car, and that really sucks! I don’t like this direction that games are taking. Paying for the extras that should really be in as standard, or requiring you to have that purchased content in order to play those bits of the game. It shouldn’t show up if you don’t have the DLC.
12miles, all that fuel you've wasted :D

What event was it as not seen any 'bond' races.

----
Still trying to get to lvl20 on road to unlock the Gauntlet, gosh its a slog only up to 15 and taking ages. Any tips?

Last edited:

VTR

VTR

Soldato
You can turn off the windscreen reflections within the game settings. I don’t know about the rain drops though.

Ok I give up, can't find it anywhere. Unless you're on PC and posting in the wrong forum section? :p If not, please let me know where the setting is as I would love to turn it off :)

Soldato
Ok I give up, can't find it anywhere. Unless you're on PC and posting in the wrong forum section? :p If not, please let me know where the setting is as I would love to turn it off :)

I’m playing on both so it might just be on the PC that I’ve seen it :)

Back
Top Bottom