New Mechanical Keyboard

Associate
Hi,
This is my first post.Been a lurker for a while though.
I am looking for a new keyboard that is mechanical with a price range of £10-£150.
The requirements are that they need to have backlit keys/RGB
Brown Switches
Razer Green or Orange Switches.

Thanks

Associate
I'd not rule out Logitech and the Romer G key switches, I used to always have cherry MX, but I find the Romer G's much nicer plus they are quieter and lit through the keycaps, so no light bleed underneath the keys.

Associate
I want something like the blues but quieter

Go into PC world or somewhere similar and try the Logitech KB's then, the Romer-G keys are a lot quieter than blues, as that's what I've had historically, MX blacks, Reds and Blues. Logitech keys are more like a hybrid of mechanical and membrane. Best I've used.

Associate
OP
Go into PC world or somewhere similar and try the Logitech KB's then, the Romer-G keys are a lot quieter than blues, as that's what I've had historically, MX blacks, Reds and Blues. Logitech keys are more like a hybrid of mechanical and membrane. Best I've used.
Alright will do. Thanks. also what is your opinion on the razer chroma?

Associate
Never used the Razor keyboards, I've only ever had actual genuine Cherry keyboards historically... but, if it's anything like any of the Razer mice I've owned, then it will likely break just outside of the warranty period! lol

Associate
OP
Never used the Razor keyboards, I've only ever had actual genuine Cherry keyboards historically... but, if it's anything like any of the Razer mice I've owned, then it will likely break just outside of the warranty period! lol
Loool! i was also looking at the fnatic rush keyboard. For the price it look pretty good. all the reviews are good too.

Associate
Loool! i was also looking at the fnatic rush keyboard. For the price it look pretty good. all the reviews are good too.

They could well be awesome and the most reliable keyboards out there, I honestly don't know lol. I'm just going off my experience of paying Razer £120 for the last mouse I got from them, having had 2 prior and all three died, so made a point to never buy anything from Razer again lol.

Associate
OP
They could well be awesome and the most reliable keyboards out there, I honestly don't know lol. I'm just going off my experience of paying Razer £120 for the last mouse I got from them, having had 2 prior and all three died, so made a point to never buy anything from Razer again lol.
Lmao maybe you are just unlucky. Although i think we all agree that razer products are overpriced.

Associate
Hyper X alloy FPS or Elite would be my choice. Think they do an RGB version now as well rather than just red LED's. Both have a choice of red blue or brown switches

Associate
Lol maybe. Doesnt help with all the hype around it making you want to buy it more.'Maybe this time it wont break' Third time lucky. Nope Haha

Yeah, think I must just be a bit slow on the uptake at times!

I would honestly go into a large store like PC world though and just have a test of the display models, I did this as I was looking at going for something with MX Reds or Silvers, but after trying the Logitech, it felt more like a membrane but had a more solid and tactile feel of a mechanical. You do feel the bump, but not immediately as it's so subtle. Took no time to get used to and the lighting in the key caps themselves I think looks a lot neater.

Associate
OP
Yeah, think I must just be a bit slow on the uptake at times!

I would honestly go into a large store like PC world though and just have a test of the display models, I did this as I was looking at going for something with MX Reds or Silvers, but after trying the Logitech, it felt more like a membrane but had a more solid and tactile feel of a mechanical. You do feel the bump, but not immediately as it's so subtle. Took no time to get used to and the lighting in the key caps themselves I think looks a lot neater.
Ok will do. Thanks Man!

Soldato
I will for sure. I will probaly go looking tonight or tomorrow night. lets see if your right :p
Remember to test switches with every finger.
Outside non-linear switches MX Black has some feel/resistance to not start going down so easily just from resting fingers on keys.
(unlike MX Red)
But thanks to linearly increasing force it would be more tiring to keep some crouching/running key pressed down in gaming with weakest finger, pinky.

And unless liking idea of up to mechanical typewriter level ruckus, forget "clicky" switches.
Standard mechanical switches already keep good amount of noise, when hard plastic parts hit each others both in down and upstroke.
With that upstroke, when switch stem hits it head to roof of switch frame/housing causing rattle of keycap resulting that sharp "clacketyness".

Razer Orange is again somewhat odditity.
It has quite long very light linear (MX Red like) initial travel and relatively narrow force bump with actuation point in the middle of that bump, instead of after it like usual.

Man of Honour
I'd not rule out Logitech and the Romer G key switches, I used to always have cherry MX, but I find the Romer G's much nicer plus they are quieter and lit through the keycaps, so no light bleed underneath the keys.
To echo what KungFuSpaghetti said, I've always been a Cherry MX Blue man myself, and lately loving the MX Blacks, but I recently paid a visit to a physical store and had a play around on the Logitech G910 & G513 Tactile, and I was pleasantly surprised, they felt really nice and solid to type on, and the backlight illumination is great as well, lights up the whole key so even the symbols are lit well, I personally would keep these in my list of boards to get :)

Associate
OP
To echo what KungFuSpaghetti said, I've always been a Cherry MX Blue man myself, and lately loving the MX Blacks, but I recently paid a visit to a physical store and had a play around on the Logitech G910 & G513 Tactile, and I was pleasantly surprised, they felt really nice and solid to type on, and the backlight illumination is great as well, lights up the whole key so even the symbols are lit well, I personally would keep these in my list of boards to get :)
Ok Thanks

Back
Top Bottom