Associate
HI, i'm having issues with the Fan controller in my Evolv X. I'm running 3 x Silent Wings on my 420 rad, but when in games (especially WoW), pwm doesnt seem to be working and the fans are really slowing down and im getting overheating. I've got the controller connected to the CPU fan header on my motherboard, and have tried both Asus software and Speedfan. I got back to Desktop and fans kick in. Has anyone else had this and did they mange to sort it?

Associate
It’s really becoming a problem, I’ve had a couple of shutdowns due to overheating due to this issue. I might get one of the Corsair units. Where have you mounted it in the case?

I have my commander pro mounted where the optional SSD caddies go looks good and well positioned to attach my Fans and reach the required power and USB2 header it requires. On the downside it cost £50 and i don't think it really works any better then the smart 5 fan built into my mobo.

PwssCtf.jpg

Associate
It’s really becoming a problem, I’ve had a couple of shutdowns due to overheating due to this issue. I might get one of the Corsair units. Where have you mounted it in the case?

Cheaper option is to buy the XSPC 8 way hub ... I removed the Phantek hub and placed the XSPC in the same place so is all hidden away.

I use 1 for the fans on my radiator and another for Case fans ... fans can not be controlled individually.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-8-way-pwm-splitter-hub-sata-powered-black-v2-fg-009-xs.html

Associate
Cheaper option is to buy the XSPC 8 way hub ... I removed the Phantek hub and placed the XSPC in the same place so is all hidden away.

I use 1 for the fans on my radiator and another for Case fans ... fans can not be controlled individually.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-8-way-pwm-splitter-hub-sata-powered-black-v2-fg-009-xs.html

Sounds like a good option too. Shame people are having to replace these in a premium case. Has anyone contacted Phanteks and if so what was the response? I will log a ticket with them.

Associate
Question for you guys who've done a build with a vertically mounted GPU...
I'm going to be doing a build for a friend soon using the Evolv X (will post pics) and I'm going to be using a PCIE Intel Optane SSD, can anyone tell me if the 220mm GPU riser cable will block / prohibit using the lower PCIE slots on the system board? I could always go for the Phanteks 600mm riser cable but that would leave a lot of excess cable to try and hide...

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Associate
Question for you guys who've done a build with a vertically mounted GPU...
I'm going to be doing a build for a friend soon using the Evolv X (will post pics) and I'm going to be using a PCIE Intel Optane SSD, can anyone tell me if the 220mm GPU riser cable will block / prohibit using the lower PCIE slots on the system board? I could always go for the Phanteks 600mm riser cable but that would leave a lot of excess cable to try and hide...

Thanks for the help.

I don't know about the clearance on the phanteks case, but if you need more wiggle room for your pcie storage and don't want a 600mm pcie riser you could look at the ones from Lian li. They do 300mm and 380mm versions.

There are plenty of other options as well but i don't know the lengths or anything about the manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom