Fallout 76

Soldato
I'm surprised to see no one talking about this after all the recent footage being released at Quakecon, is no one interested in it? The perk system looks different but the rest of the game looks like Fallout 4 which is no bad thing :p

Soldato
This is just the Fallout 4 MP component which was stopped late in development. So its 2015 content repacked & polished to become an MMO with no proper solo play ever possible. Massive fail from Bethesda they should go back to the drawing board & try to get this new content back into Fallout 4 as DLC to at least satisfy the over 14M people who bought Fallout 4 for solo play!

I mean how greedy can Bethesda & Zenimax actually be as Fallout 4 has the largest all time day one sales of any entertainment product of $750M :eek: and that even includes blockbuster movies! If it aint broke don't change it :rolleyes:

I think this will also fail to sell many copies & hopefully that will force Bethesda to try to get it back into Fallout 4 as DLC. They already admitted Fallout 5 is going to be solo only so that is an admission its not expected to sell strongly.

Soldato
Anyone keeping an eye on this. I love Fallout games but just don't know if i would get on with this. For me it would need to be enjoyable as a solo player.

Associate
should be good, heres hoping. does it mean to fully benefit with online players id need to have microphone set up. not so sure, im not at school anymore, have no real friends

Soldato
I’m a huge fallout fan with hundreds of hours in all the games but this is having no appeal to me at all. Watching the latest videos it looks boring and tbh crap.

Will await other opinions when released but for the first time in Fallout history I won’t be pre ordering....

Associate
I’m a huge fallout fan with hundreds of hours in all the games but this is having no appeal to me at all. Watching the latest videos it looks boring and tbh crap.

Will await other opinions when released but for the first time in Fallout history I won’t be pre ordering....
I keep going back to f4, even after level 105, my next thing to do is far harbour, automotron was fun.

I just hope f76 isnt a filler like the skyrim multiplayer, theyve been churning out the last year.
We all know its an 8 year cycle. Skyrim was ok but very basic to f4

Last edited:
Soldato
Such a shame Bethesda went this direction as the map size is 4 times larger than Fallout 4 (although less densely packed & the gaps between locations are larger apparently). https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/bethesda-reveals-full-fallout-76-map/
In September it was revealed Xbox1-PS4 pre orders were only 70,000 combined (excluding PC which are also low). Not sure how long Bethesda can continue to deny this game is not going to do well & revamp it is as traditional SP Fallout project. This would be far cheaper than continuing the current farce of trying to ram the MMO design onto an unreceptive playerbase.

Starfield is their next game & confirmed as SP only but its at least 3 years away & Fallout5 (also already confirmed as SP only) is coming after that so this is looking like the last major Fallout project for many years which just makes it even more of an odd ball release :rolleyes:

Xbox1 insiders (North America only :rolleyes: ) can try the Beta now I think if they have preordered.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/10/17960246/fallout-76-stress-test-beta-xbox-one-live-gold-insiders

Associate
Yes starfield, in time for xbox 2? And the next elder scrolls, i bought oblibivion and skyrim on the day of their release. Bit disapointed with skyrim, those dragons...

Its an odd situation atm with fallout 76. It may work!! new vegas worked although never played that

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Recently caught vid on YouTube about some of the story lines from fallout 4. And it just reminded me how good bother Fallout 3 and 4 were/are.

To think that this new title won't offer any of the interaction found in the last two games, is really disappointing.

I won't be purchasing this.

Back
Top Bottom