Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Do people think it will be better on XB1X or Pro? Torn between which one to get it for at the moment.

Really wanted platinum odyssey before this came out but my first born decided to arrive three weeks early so not much gaming time this past 2 weeks.
Kids eh! They always get in a the way of gaming and will continue to do so for the next 15 years or so buddy ;)

Soldato
Do people think it will be better on XB1X or Pro? Torn between which one to get it for at the moment.

Really wanted platinum odyssey before this came out but my first born decided to arrive three weeks early so not much gaming time this past 2 weeks.

From what we've seen so far I think Sony have pumped a lot of money into Rockstar to make sure it runs best on a Pro. Only time will tell and I think I might wait until Black Friday to make my decision.

Associate
Kids eh! They always get in a the way of gaming and will continue to do so for the next 15 years or so buddy ;)

Can't wait for him to be able to join in. Not that I'd wish his growing up away but something to look forward to.

From what we've seen so far I think Sony have pumped a lot of money into Rockstar to make sure it runs best on a Pro. Only time will tell and I think I might wait until Black Friday to make my decision.

True. I'll have FOMO if I don't get it on release. Probably will get it on Pro. Shame because the XB hasn't had much love lately. I bought TR on it out of sympathy.

Associate
Don’t say that. I’ve got both and preordered on the Xbox one X thinking it will perform better

Soldato
I have been deciding whether to upgrade my base PS4 to a PS4 Pro for this game, I have a 4K tv but I cannot justify upgrading to a pro - I have read that even on a base PS4 RDR2 will be mind blowing, will I really notice THAT much of a difference?

Soldato
X1X version is 4K and rumour has it that it has optional enhanced 4K textures.

I would think if you have an X it will just install 4k textures as default like every over X enhanced game that's been released?

I have been deciding whether to upgrade my base PS4 to a PS4 Pro for this game, I have a 4K tv but I cannot justify upgrading to a pro - I have read that even on a base PS4 RDR2 will be mind blowing, will I really notice THAT much of a difference?

If there was any reason to get a pro or X now it would be for this game, I'm sure it will look nice on standard PS4, but I would personally want to be playing this at the highest quality, especially if I owned a 4k TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

I honestly doubt you'll get much, if any time, to play with a newborn in the house. Perhaps you'll be able to enjoy RDR2 in a few years time!

Soldato
Anyone's order from anywhere been dispatched yet?

Rockstar have threatened retailers with instant death if they despatch before Thursday so I doubt any of the big retailers will send early. Some of the smaller Indy’s might though but there is apparently a day one patch which only goes live at midnight Thursday....

Soldato

I think if you have the option of the 1X, it would make sense that it would look best there if only by a slight margin. I sold my 1X very shortly after it's launch as I was only really holding on to it for this one game at that point but I just prefer PlayStation overall (controller etc)

*The early days don't allow for much gaming at all :D I remember dark souls 3 came out close to when mine was born. Usually I would have blasted through a game in that series but it ended up taking me a good 2 months to see it through :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry if I've totally missed the info, What exactly do we know about the ONLINE game within RDR2? will there be more to it than the online side of RDR1 ? more like GTAV I guess??

Soldato
Sorry if I've totally missed the info, What exactly do we know about the ONLINE game within RDR2? will there be more to it than the online side of RDR1 ? more like GTAV I guess??

You've not really missed anything. Very little detail has actually been released:

Rockstar said:
“Red Dead Online is an evolution of the classic multiplayer experience in the original Red Dead Redemption, blending narrative with competitive and cooperative gameplay in fun new ways,” Rockstar said. “Using the gameplay of the upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2 as a foundation, Red Dead Online will be ready to be explored alone or with friends, and will also feature constant updates and adjustments to grow and evolve this experience for all players.”

Associate
I honestly doubt you'll get much, if any time, to play with a newborn in the house. Perhaps you'll be able to enjoy RDR2 in a few years time!

I think if you have the option of the 1X, it would make sense that it would look best there if only by a slight margin. I sold my 1X very shortly after it's launch as I was only really holding on to it for this one game at that point but I just prefer PlayStation overall (controller etc)

*The early days don't allow for much gaming at all :D I remember dark souls 3 came out close to when mine was born. Usually I would have blasted through a game in that series but it ended up taking me a good 2 months to see it through :D

I just stay up til the first feed at 2am at the moment so get a couple of hours late evening. Might have to go with the XB1X for the extra visual boost

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Get it on whichever console you want imo. Both games will be running at 30fps albeit the X1X should have better resolution.

Back
Top Bottom