• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Mine just arrived, need to Get iOS 12.1 Beta on before I can restore from iCloud backup!

First time fitting a case and screen protector on a new phone, but having small kids its a necessity now. The Spigen screen protector with application tray went on nicely, but the case is a bit thicker than I'd like, might see how I get on with it and look out for something thinner.

Wireless charging is nice!

Man of Honour
Not me, moving from a 6 here.

The Verge (I think) compared to an 8 in their review and there was more off-axis shift.
There is definitely some pink shift on mine probably more than my 6S but I really don’t think I would have noticed it if it wasn’t for that verge review. I’m not sure where I use a phone other than when I’m looking straight at it :p

Man of Honour
get some pics up haha! what's it like mate? the screen ok? what colour you go for?
Sorry buddy missed this.

I think the phone and screen size is perfect. Went for black and have a Mous case on it. Looks great no complaints so far. Face ID is awesome.

Have also taken some excellent portrait snaps. Really impressed.

As for the display, you’d need to be really really finickity to legitimately tell the difference between the XS and the XR for web browsing at least. I briefly AB’ed them with the OCUK forums webpage (I.e the most important webpage) and they looked practically identical.

There is that pink shift, which I mentioned above, but I think the new models all have some colour shift. Possibly deliberate polarisation, or something? Who knows!

Associate
There is definitely some pink shift on mine probably more than my 6S but I really don’t think I would have noticed it if it wasn’t for that verge review. I’m not sure where I use a phone other than when I’m looking straight at it :p

Ya, me either. Also my iPhone 6 has an aftermarket screen fitted that looks completely black if I use it in portrait orientation while I wear my polarised sunglasses so something like this would be least of my worries.

Associate
I got my Xr in white around 1130. Love opening a new phone, peeling off the cellophane. So far so good. It’s so much more responsive than my 6 plus. The bezels do seem a bit overly large, as does the notch, but I’ll get used to it. With a Spigen case it’s definitely chunky.

Most apps the screen is fine. Some I’m finding the text a bit less than sharp but assume some of the apps will update shortly. Clash of clans has the chat button a bit out of place.

Face ID was easy to setup and works well so far.

I am finding both WiFi and 4g slower, but that could be because my phone is still downloading apps.

Caporegime
Has anyone noticed that the new xs, not sure of the xs max...but on WiFi it’s awfully slow. I have a 75mb fibre line and very good router. With my 6s I’d hardly get any timeouts when browsing the net or watching YouTube.
But even if I’m in the same room as my router and purely on WiFi, I get quite a few timeouts on YouTube and web pages :/.

Just seems really slow, I read somewhere apple changed to an intel chipset for WiFi and it’s slower but wasn’t sure. Now I’m kinda convinced about that.

Just wondering if anyone suffers from that issue. Will be trying out my mums xs max to see if that suffers from the same issue my xs is having.

Associate
Has anyone noticed that the new xs, not sure of the xs max...but on WiFi it’s awfully slow. I have a 75mb fibre line and very good router. With my 6s I’d hardly get any timeouts when browsing the net or watching YouTube.
But even if I’m in the same room as my router and purely on WiFi, I get quite a few timeouts on YouTube and web pages :/.

I had issues with my XR when I first started setting it up, turned out it had joined the 2G WIFI network rather than the 5G, as soon as I tapped to join the 5G all was good.

Associate
Bought me and the wife and XR 128gig each this morning one thing i will say the cases there selling are poor compared to the iphone 7 ones we had .bought a OtterBox Statement Series Case with Leather Accent for iPhone XR but was told i could bring it back in 14 days if i was happy with it . Feels like holding a brick atm why haven't apple released some the same as the Xs max etc ?

Soldato
I think I notice recently that when i get home sometime my XS Max doest connect to my wifi unless i select it to I have do a reset Network setting but not made any difference

Back
Top Bottom