Looking for a car I can feel when driving.

BPR

BPR

Associate
what’s up everyone.

I’m looking for a car that I can feel when I’m driving, what I mean by that is, when I put my foot down I want to feel the power and be pushed into my seat.

Originally I was looking at Honda Civics, but I heard the torque only kicks in in the very high revs and they overall are a stiff ride. Just want the car to pull not long after putting foot down if you know what i mean.

I only want to spend a little maybe £2.5k max, fuel economy must also be somewhat decent.

Any ideas?

Soldato
I've got bad news for you - until you get to properly silly power or ultra light weight (Atom or caterham for example) you will never feel like the car is pushing you back into your seat for more than the first few times you drive it

BPR

BPR

Associate
OP
What do you currently drive? That would give us some idea of how much extra power you are looking for.

Only a small 1.4 pushing just over 100 break so most things will probably feel torquey to me

I've got bad news for you - until you get to properly silly power or ultra light weight (Atom or caterham for example) you will never feel like the car is pushing you back into your seat for more than the first few times you drive it

It doesn’t have to be ridiculously powerful, my brothers BMW you can feel the torque of at only a low rev range, is there any way to find out the Rev range of the cars?

Thanks for the replies all :)

Soldato
Pretty much any turbo charged car or most large capacity 6 cylinder + na engines will feel torquey low down.

For £2.5k I would look for something like an Octavia vrs or maybe Leon cupra, but they'll be old and need love

Soldato
Pretty much any turbo charged car or most large capacity 6 cylinder + na engines will feel torquey low down.

For £2.5k I would look for something like an Octavia vrs or maybe Leon cupra, but they'll be old and need love
I was going to suggest similar. My Octavia vRS with a revo map on it gave the sensation you are looking for (to some degree at least) because the map gave it a huge dollop of torque rather than it actually being quick if that makes sense.

Soldato
If you want to feel low end torque just buy a turbo diesel especially if fuel consumption is a consideration.

Yep. My VW 2.0TDI pulls really nicely, even after driving a much more powerful petrol car you aren't left disappointed. Economy is good, buy one.

Soldato
A Mk3 Mondeo ST Hatch. You can pick up a decent one for around 1500. Then spend 500 on a panel filter, bigger FMIC, backbox delete and a remap.

I've got a 2.2 estate as my daily that's running around 160bhp and it pulls like a train.

Back
Top Bottom