Poll: Abu Dhabi Prix 2018, Yas Marina - Race 21/21

Rate the 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Soldato
The responsibility is 100% in Vettel. This was his year but because he is so generous, he gave away the title so easily. Mistakes in China, Azerbaijan, France, Germany, poor qualification driving in Hungary, then mistakes go on and on till the last race.
They didn't even fight for the victories in the last couple of races, when instead of going with aggressive tyre strategy, they always chose the hardest and slowest compound. What for?

Now, for the next year, it all depends on the Ferrari organisation as a whole to bring a good car for Leclerc and not to screw things up in the winter break.

Ferrari made a few mistakes themselves. About 4 I think

Soldato
Fairly tame ending, but it was always going to be. Overall, a really good season until the last few races. Certainly enough in those last races to whet the appetite for 2019.

I'm really looking forward to another week away for testing in February next year - hopefully without the snow this time around!

The responsibility is 100% in Vettel.

They didn't even fight for the victories in the last couple of races, when instead of going with aggressive tyre strategy, they always chose the hardest and slowest compound. What for?

I'm also really hoping that there's no more of this ******** / inconsistent trolling next year.

Permabanned
I'm also really hoping that there's no more of this ******** / inconsistent trolling next year.

I do not understand what you are complaining about. What I called Vettel to do is to use Hypers first stint, Ultras second stint and if needed Hypers again for a third stint.
Now, be so kind to explain what you mean!

Soldato
You stated that Vettel was 100% responsible for Ferrari's poor performance this year, and in the same post highlighted a tyre decision that would have been the team's, not the driver's.

Ferrari have failed on many levels this year, and the driver is just one. Or do you truly believe that, as you say, Vettel is 100% responsible the performance (or lack of it).

Caporegime
Wonder if Hamilton will win the wdc and Ferrari wcc next year. They must regret having Bottas for another year.
He will probably retire after next year. He's slow and mentally broken.

Great drive by sainz. Was pulling away from leclerc on ancient ultra tyres!

Soldato
I imagine that Alonso is as worried about those penalty points as Button was after he got his for punting Wehrlein into a barrier in Monaco in his last race.

Ironic that Alonso stated that he was giving it his all on the track. Clearly giving his all off the track too!

Soldato
So far, but if the car went up in a fireball he would have had no chance...

The reason they rejected closed cockpits a few years ago was because it would trap them inside if it rolled over. They need a way to escape through the floor of the car if they are going to keep this design.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah the halo definitely needs revisiting, Hulk wasn't far away from being trapped in a fireball..

I suspect the FIA will be looking at some kind of remote release trigger for the halo rather than removing it.

Soldato
When was the last fuel fire we had in F1 (or indeed any single-seater category) as the result of a crash? By my reckoning it was 1991. Obviously an oil fire can cause injury, granted, but unless the marshals are complete numpties (as in Webber's case in 2011) then an oil fire should never get serious enough to cause any serious harm to a driver.

Don't get me wrong, of course I'm not saying you're not in danger from fire if the halo traps you, but with all the safety layers and fire extinguishers in the car, you're far more likely to be injured by another car or debris than you are by fire these days.

Apparently it didn't trap him. Not sure I believe that.

Also, the marshals were way way too slow to react.

I thought the marshals in Abu Dhabi were brought in from other countries (a lot from the UK). I've no idea where this lot were from, but it was like a scene from a dodgy 50s comedy.

Soldato
I'm concerned about Hulkenberg's crash. Was he really unable to get himself out of the car? If so, why? Had the car been on fire, he could have died.

Soldato
Its a joke, lighten up. I didn't really give the race bonus points for it. Its a bit of light hearted fun and while not part of the racing its still related to Abu Dhabi GP although cant see Lewis going into acting when he retires I do think the F1 paddock needs some fun. Watch the difference between between F1 and MotoGP when the camera turns to a driver/rider/manager/engineer etc.., MotoGP they acknowledge it, smile, shrug, wave etc, F1 lot pretend they don't see it even though half the time they've watching the TV coverage themselves...too serious :p

For clarity, I wasn't have a go at you at all. The 'content' is just utterly cringeworthy. I agree completely about the different engagement between Moto GP riders and F1 drivers - pretty much only Ricciardo engages with the camera. But that stuff with Will Smith is just awful on any level.

Back
Top Bottom