Poll: Abu Dhabi Prix 2018, Yas Marina - Race 21/21

Rate the 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Soldato
I half expect him to quit.

I imagine the self-belief you need as a F1 driver takes a big knock when teamed with the likes of Hamilton. They say drivers measure themselves against their team mates in the same car, so it must be disheartening to be up against a relentless winning machine like Hamilton. Rosberg wasn't much better in his last couple of years, and as soon as he got very lucky with a WDC, he ran away because of the intense pressure.

Permabanned
Have you noticed that Vettel's last race win was back in August? :confused:
This season is a complete failure and major disappointment for the guy.

Man of Honour
Have you noticed that Vettel's last race win was back in August? :confused:
This season is a complete failure and major disappointment for the guy.

Not a great end for Ferrari. It ended with their illegal battery and then they kind of self destructed. I suspect they also went hard at the start of the season. Seems to happen every year.

Permabanned
Not a great end for Ferrari. It ended with their illegal battery and then they kind of self destructed. I suspect they also went hard at the start of the season. Seems to happen every year.

The responsibility is 100% in Vettel. This was his year but because he is so generous, he gave away the title so easily. Mistakes in China, Azerbaijan, France, Germany, poor qualification driving in Hungary, then mistakes go on and on till the last race.
They didn't even fight for the victories in the last couple of races, when instead of going with aggressive tyre strategy, they always chose the hardest and slowest compound. What for?

Now, for the next year, it all depends on the Ferrari organisation as a whole to bring a good car for Leclerc and not to screw things up in the winter break.

Caporegime
The responsibility is 100% in Vettel. This was his year but because he is so generous, he gave away the title so easily. Mistakes in China, Azerbaijan, France, Germany, poor qualification driving in Hungary, then mistakes go on and on till the last race.
They didn't even fight for the victories in the last couple of races, when instead of going with aggressive tyre strategy, they always chose the hardest and slowest compound. What for?

Now, for the next year, it all depends on the Ferrari organisation as a whole to bring a good car for Leclerc and not to screw things up in the winter break.

Yeh, Vettel lost the plot mid way through the season and then couldn't seem to get his mojo back. Hamilton was too strong this year for Vettel to be performing at any less than his absolute best at every race.

In the end, the championship wasn't even close.

Soldato
Cooldown lap and the donuts were the highlight for me apart from Hulk's crash and a couple of laps with decent overtakes it turned into another boring send off at Abu Dhabi, it feels like the teams check out at Brazil and don't really care much for being there now.

Permabanned
Yeh, Vettel lost the plot mid way through the season and then couldn't seem to get his mojo back. Hamilton was too strong this year for Vettel to be performing at any less than his absolute best at every race.

In the end, the championship wasn't even close.

Vettel needs to learn to avoid contacts with other cars, at all cost - that cost him the title this season.

Back
Top Bottom