Xbox One X

Soldato
I tried to see if they would do a one off replacement for my elite pad (I'd read on-line they had done one off courtesy replacements for others out of warranty). The guy did say it was 1 year with them so worth trying if you're in that time frame. He just spent ages getting me to upload the receipt and try to do it through the console warranty, it was a waste of time.

I do wonder if it depends on who you speak to...

I have an elite pad plus Forza 4 reserved at Argos for £105 but I think I might just do a repair jobby on mine, needs new grips and the RB button replacing. Its a nice pad but you need a good warranty!

Warranty should be irrelevant, you have a reasonable expectation that a 150 quid game controller will last more than a year. I'm pretty sure UK consumer rights are on your side here.

Soldato
I have a bit of a strange error and I'm hoping someone in here can help.

A few days ago I bought a new set of speakers (logitech Z906) and have them connected to my pc through a headphone jack, and xbox through an optical cable from my LG TV.

While using the dashboard and things like that, i have the 'swoosh' sound, however once I am in a game i have no sound output whatsoever.

Youtube works fine, as does Bluray player. I've plugged speakers into xbox through optical rather than TV and also set TV back to tv speakers audio output, but the problem is still there; no sound output from either device. Not had this problem before, don't even know how to try and troubleshoot/google it
What's confusing me is the fact there's sound from dashboard etc. so the system 'works' so to speak. It did give me sound in games a few days ago I'm sure when first set up.

EDIT: Messed about with lots and lots of settings and a hard reset seem to have fixed :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Xbox one X owners how slient is your console and has the noise levels increased snice your purchase it. Any coil whine? Or crazy jet engine fans sound's

My first Scorpio console was silent, my replacement is loud with fan noise, I am hoping my second replacement isn't as loud.

Soldato
Is it normal for the fan to sound like it is pulsating? Only tried it with FIFA and Rocket League, only heard this on FIFA and supposedly is a thing on enhanced games.

I've still got it on downloading at home, did FM7 and the end of fifa last night, ESO and FH4 today... :D

Associate
Is it normal for the fan to sound like it is pulsating? Only tried it with FIFA and Rocket League, only heard this on FIFA and supposedly is a thing on enhanced games.

I've still got it on downloading at home, did FM7 and the end of fifa last night, ESO and FH4 today... :D

I've heard it do it on mine as well and it was definitely on an enhanced game.
I seem to remember it only did it at certain times though and on F1 2018 which is also enhanced I haven't heard it do it at all (fan ramps up but does it consistently), perhaps the temperature when it's pulsating is sitting right on the limit between two fan speeds?

My X is a scorpio edition for reference...

Soldato
...perhaps the temperature when it's pulsating is sitting right on the limit between two fan speeds?

My X is a scorpio edition for reference...

That's what I had thought. Strange they wouldn't just do linear. Thanks for the info, mines a day old and haven't had a One since my day one died quite a while back. :)

Soldato
Man of Honour
Just getting a 4k tv so figures time to get a one x and move my existing console to another room. Was thinking the Forza package with both games (as son really wants Forza 4). Any better packages out there? What are the must play games which make best use of 4K / extra grunt? Cheers

Associate
wonder if you guys can do me a favour ?

has anyone registered their one x with microsoft as i did mine and it came back with some strange readings !

it said the following

Technical warranty expires 05/04/19

manufacture warranty expires 25/11/2021

That is 3 years! i went online to ms chat and the guy could not understand it and said "you should really have 1 year but its saying 3 so you have 3" (i have not taken out any special care).

He has emailed the chat log saying saying my 1x is covered for 3 years and thinks it maybe because its a special white robot edition which i think is bull tbh.

Logged back in today and the technical part has vanished which makes me wonder if the insides were an old returned 1x which has been repaired and a new robot white case put on and being sold as new ?

anyone check their warranty status please and see what you have

thanks

Soldato
wonder if you guys can do me a favour ?

has anyone registered their one x with microsoft as i did mine and it came back with some strange readings !

it said the following

Technical warranty expires 05/04/19

manufacture warranty expires 25/11/2021

That is 3 years! i went online to ms chat and the guy could not understand it and said "you should really have 1 year but its saying 3 so you have 3" (i have not taken out any special care).

He has emailed the chat log saying saying my 1x is covered for 3 years and thinks it maybe because its a special white robot edition which i think is bull tbh.

Logged back in today and the technical part has vanished which makes me wonder if the insides were an old returned 1x which has been repaired and a new robot white case put on and being sold as new ?

anyone check their warranty status please and see what you have

thanks
Must be a bug I got surface pro yesterday and it said 2021 aswell, but the store says 1 year

Back
Top Bottom