1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by signs, Jun 13, 2017.

1. DIABLO

Soldato

2. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

3. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

All done now have a nice 2TB SSHD (1.6TB free to user) as my internal drive. The dash feels better not so stuttery anyway not tried any games yet.

Tbh it was really simple just partition the drive with script then copy the x drive across from old drive. No idea what all the posts about manually doing this and that are about...

Will try some games later.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  4. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

I have now had a good play around running games etc and everything is considerably better with the SSHD as the main drive. The dash is no longer laggy too which is really nice games also load faster and I’m noticing far less stutter too.

Very happy....

5. ic1male

Capodecina

I always thought the HDDs had some kind of firmware encryption keys linking it to the mobo. Obviously not. Glad it worked out for you.

6. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Nope no encryption you just need to set up the drive with the correct partitions. You can even download the software from MS to reset the machine too so all software re-installed on the new drive is from MS. It was really easy to do.

7. Tauren

Capodecina

Just bought an Xbox for my lad for Xmas. Just a question.. anyone know if slime rancher is any good ? And would it be too complicated for an 8 year old? Cheers !

8. N0ddie

Gangster

It was a free game with gold a while back. My son (He's 7) plays it occasionally with no issues.

9. Tauren

Capodecina

That’s great ! :D thanks !

10. Raggs

Wise Guy

are these units reliable ? got one yesterday the woman in the shop was desperately trying to flog me a 5 year warranty i said no she looked sad at my decision :p is the Microsoft one year or two?

11. sja360

Mobster

Pretty sure it's 2

12. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

You are covered under UK law for 5 years with the retailer. It’s not as simple as a dedicated warranty but worth knowing.

13. Raggs

Wise Guy

just registered the new device with Microsoft it's saying 3 years but it runs out January 2021, i assume manufactured date was January 2018 will have to contact ms support.

edit: found this post sounds like they rely on the receipt for any warranty repairs start date ect., or they would want too see it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nty-date/78b9a605-fbcd-4091-9c85-20ec0af602fb

looks i didn't bother registering the old xbox one or the xbox 360 no record of it in my account.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  14. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Your rights are with the retailer you purchased the Xbox from. Anything MS offer is in addition to your rights.

15. Raggs

Wise Guy

there stating one year manufactures guarantee on the purchase page no doubt a ploy to flog there expensive monthly and 5 year service / guarantee plans.

16. Robdav

Wise Guy

..she's on commission... of course she's sad, you just deprived her of some cash.

17. Raggs

Wise Guy

i understand that but curry's /pc world are blatantly lying on there website saying its a 1 year manufactures warranty when its not it's 3 years in the UK so they can flog there know how warranties.

18. bigjonnyauk

Wise Guy

Same with game , I brought mine and was told after 30 days I had to contact ms for any repair and send it off unless I purchased their monthly PAYG plan

Told him to stick it where the sun don't shine

19. Skidder

Man of Honour

Got a one X coming. What do I need to do to access save points for games on existing xbox one?

20. Dredd

Wise Guy

Just play the game, will check cloud for save and automatically download it.

Same for 360 games.

Makes life really easy to swap between pc, xbox in living room and bedroom, my saves always updated and ready