What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
Soldato
I'd be trying to source a Grand Seiko Spring Drive diver, likely from Japan.

Or just wait a bit longer and get the one you really want which seems to be the Rolex Sub! 3-4k is an expensive stop gap if you suspect you'll need to scratch the Sub itch in the future.

Man of Honour

Actually I'm really warming to it. My usual social/pub attire is jeans, trainers and a polo shirt. The sporty look of the watch would go well with that while the Bremont can carry on doing work and formal duties. Plus it's a bit different, which is what I am after.

Or am I just doing some really bad man maths here?

Man of Honour
I ordered it, then realised I have credit cards to pay off first, so I cancelled it. I'll treat myself to it once I'm debt free, or one similar.

Soldato
Had this about 3 months now

2vk12pw.jpg

Have been lurking this thread for a long time, Very interested in getting an automatic watch, for years I dreamed of getting a Rolex but the more I read about watches and understand the movements and craftsmanship I'm very drawn towards a Grand Seiko Automatic, the level of detail and finish is insanely good, I just never would've thought Seiko would be the watch I would eventually gravitate towards.

Anyone on here own a Grand Seiko?

edit -

More research, and more within my budget, a Max Bill Chronoscope, absolutely beautiful, is that a good price, trustable site?

https://www.chronext.co.uk/junghans...CKEb68EH-EwErE8Uanio4zvY3jdKEUPYaAoViEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone on here own a Grand Seiko?

I've a pair of Spring Drive GSs, but not automatics. The level of dial finishing is beyond any other make I've owned or seen in the flesh, but they are let down by the bracelets which typically don't have micro adjustments (unfortunately the exceptions to this are few and far between).

Their automatics accuracy isn't quite up there with e.g. Rolex as far as I'm aware? Then again what they claim for accuracy is typically conservative, with owners reporting better accuracy than advertised (certainly been my experience).

Associate
I managed 15% off a North Flag last week.

So I read your post above mine when I asked for advise on a seiko5 for my first automatic watch. Google the North Flag, instantly fell in love looked at it for 3 days online.

Just picked one up, looks even better in the flesh - they are having to order me a half link though as we could not get it to fit right, its a bit tight at the minute but would rather that than to loose.

I should have bartered more to be fair I did not get 15% off!

Soldato
I have a Rolex Submariner Date I've owned since 2000, and a 42mm Rolex Explorer II black dial. The Explorer II is with Rolex for servicing at the moment, however when it's back with get some photos of them both. I do also have a Seiko BFK I use for the gym/swimming that's amazing watch for money, and some vintage Tissot quartz divers.

Soldato
I've a pair of Spring Drive GSs, but not automatics. The level of dial finishing is beyond any other make I've owned or seen in the flesh, but they are let down by the bracelets which typically don't have micro adjustments (unfortunately the exceptions to this are few and far between).

Their automatics accuracy isn't quite up there with e.g. Rolex as far as I'm aware? Then again what they claim for accuracy is typically conservative, with owners reporting better accuracy than advertised (certainly been my experience).
I love Grand Seiko. You could stare at the level of detail and finishing for hours. If GS improved their bracelets that would be fixing the only weak link. Everything else is spot on. They're very conservative with their accuracy; a friend's GS spring drive diver was running at +2 seconds after 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom