Soldato
I'd like to go with the Aquacomputer D5 Next Pump with a Watercool Heatkiller D5 tube Res.

Just wondering what my mounting options are in this case and whether to go with 100, 150 or 200 size for the res. My first loop build so I'm puzzled by whether I'd mount the whole lot with a stand or whether using the res mounting holes is the way to go?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-d5-next-rgb-smart-pump-wc-32x-aq.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wate...be-reservoir-for-d5-pump-black-wc-10k-wc.html
Think about mounting the res/pump combo on the front rad, works well. Take a look at mine for clearance, D5 with a 150mm res.

Associate
I'd like to go with the Aquacomputer D5 Next Pump with a Watercool Heatkiller D5 tube Res.

Just wondering what my mounting options are in this case and whether to go with 100, 150 or 200 size for the res. My first loop build so I'm puzzled by whether I'd mount the whole lot with a stand or whether using the res mounting holes is the way to go?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-d5-next-rgb-smart-pump-wc-32x-aq.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wate...be-reservoir-for-d5-pump-black-wc-10k-wc.html

I used
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-xres-140-revo-d5-rgb-pwm-incl.-pump-wc-9jx-ek.html
If it helps, it's 190mm tall with room to sparei have a rad in top and front. I used the supplied bracket but had to drill a hole in the case for the second screw.
I will try and update with pictures when I get home

Associate
Think about mounting the res/pump combo on the front rad, works well. Take a look at mine for clearance, D5 with a 150mm res.

Looks fantastic mate! Does vert mounting the gpu give more space in that area - difficult to tell if it makes a difference from the pics - does it offset the gpu and res/pump?

Also, when you say mounting to the rad - are you actually mounting to the fans? I see there's a heatkiller fan mount kit which I think also serves as a rad mount - but I read that the GTS has M4 threads, whilst the heatkiller comes with M3 screws - I don't really want to do any drilling as I'm already out of my comfort zone on this build lol.

Soldato
Looks fantastic mate! Does vert mounting the gpu give more space in that area - difficult to tell if it makes a difference from the pics - does it offset the gpu and res/pump?

Also, when you say mounting to the rad - are you actually mounting to the fans? I see there's a heatkiller fan mount kit which I think also serves as a rad mount - but I read that the GTS has M4 threads, whilst the heatkiller comes with M3 screws - I don't really want to do any drilling as I'm already out of my comfort zone on this build lol.
Yes vertical mount means the GPU is completely offset to the pump for clearance. Even a trap door for the extension cables to come up directly to the GPU. I used a Barrow universal pump mount for 140mm fans, some rubber washers to dampen vibrations and just bolted on.

Associate
Yes vertical mount means the GPU is completely offset to the pump for clearance. Even a trap door for the extension cables to come up directly to the GPU. I used a Barrow universal pump mount for 140mm fans, some rubber washers to dampen vibrations and just bolted on.

Very helpful fornowagain, thanks. One last question - which GPU and Pump is that? I'll have a read-up on their dimensions just to be sure as I have a nasty feeling that my 2080 TI FTW3 might be so long and wide as to throw a spanner in the works.

Soldato
Very helpful fornowagain, thanks. One last question - which GPU and Pump is that? I'll have a read-up on their dimensions just to be sure as I have a nasty feeling that my 2080 TI FTW3 might be so long and wide as to throw a spanner in the works.
Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump
Bitspower 150mm reservoir with 3 port z-cap
D5 Mod Top
D5 Mod Kit black sparkle.
EVGA Black 2080ti
EK Vector + Backplate

*Note: In the position shown, the gpu is in its closet position to the motherboard. It can move over one slot, or accomodate a 3x slot card.

Last edited:
Associate
Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump
Bitspower 150mm reservoir with 3 port z-cap
D5 Mod Top
D5 Mod Kit black sparkle.
EVGA Black 2080ti
EK Vector

*Note: In the position shown, the gpu is in its closet position to the motherboard. It can move over one slot, or accomodate a 3x slot card.

Magic, thanks fella. I've ordered the parts and am keeping my fingers crossed that I can plan out a decent loop before ordering the fittings and petg and last couple of whatknots. Gonna use pipecleaners if I can't find a better option for planning lol

Associate
@Phanteks_Care

After finally getting all of the components for my Evolv X purchased as part of the initial batch, I’m disappointed that there is a couple of minor issues with my case. Firstly the one of the catches holding the cable management panels broke straight away, also one of the retaining thumbscrews used to lock the tempered glass side panels was missing?

Can the catch be replaced, I hope they have been beefed up on later production runs since there is a weak part in the catch that will break easily. I have photos that I can email showing the catch.

Otherwise the case looks awesome! Love the vertical GPU mounting.

Soldato
@Phanteks_Care

After finally getting all of the components for my Evolv X purchased as part of the initial batch, I’m disappointed that there is a couple of minor issues with my case. Firstly the one of the catches holding the cable management panels broke straight away, also one of the retaining thumbscrews used to lock the tempered glass side panels was missing?

Can the catch be replaced, I hope they have been beefed up on later production runs since there is a weak part in the catch that will break easily. I have photos that I can email showing the catch.

Send an email to their RMA section, sent me and several others on here replacement catches for the rear panel.

Caporegime
@Phanteks_Care

I've had mine over a month and not even opened the bloody thing yet, such a lazy arse. Hoping nothings damaged inside the shipping box. :mad:

Associate
Send an email to their RMA section, sent me and several others on here replacement catches for the rear panel.

I've had mine over a month and not even opened the bloody thing yet, such a lazy arse. Hoping nothings damaged inside the shipping box. :mad:

Contacted Phanteks Support via email and they replied with replacement catch and a spare catch, fantastic customer support. Mine was from the very first batch to land in the UK so not worried at all and great customer support will always sway a buying decision.

Back
Top Bottom