• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
There is a Ryzen 5 2400G. Why don't you need a Vega 10 but you need UHD 620 graphics? :confused:

I have a Ryzen 5 2500U and not happy that its weak iGPU is run at PCIe 3.0 x16 while my dedicated graphics RX 560X at only PCIe 3.0 x8.
Makes no sense :confused:

One more time. We can use as much CPU performance as we can get out of our workstations for various applications. The 2500U isn't an upgrade, it's a sidegrade. The vast majority do not 3D modeling or video rendering let alone playing games or UHD content.

No one cares what the Intel iGPU is or does. You plug a monitor or two into a SFF PC and it works. Last time I looked through our suppliers stock there were zero AMD powered HP workstations. Zero. The vast VAST majority have an Intel CPU with whatever iGPU they come with. No add in card. You think this is coincidence? OEMs like it, business consumers like it.

The 2500U is coming up to old skool i7 performance CPU wise, which is great, but it's also several years later than we've already had that performance. The world is moving on all the time. Moving forward our high end desktop baseline is going to be 6/8C 12/16T. Maybe we'll be able to buy some AMD APUs for the admin staff

Take the enthusiast blinkers off for a moment please. Won't be surprised if AMD no-show in mainstream enterprise desktops again this year. This is the end of my contribution to this sub topic.

Disclaimer: not a fanboi of their company

On a personal note, very interested to hear more details of the 3700/3800 chips. Might treat myself to an X this time if XFR boosts as high as the rumours

Soldato
No one cares what the Intel iGPU is or does. You plug a monitor or two into a SFF PC and it works. Last time I looked through our suppliers stock there were zero AMD powered HP workstations. Zero. The vast VAST majority have an Intel CPU with whatever iGPU they come with. No add in card. You think this is coincidence? OEMs like it, business consumers like it.

^^^ this sadly :(

Just done a quick check on HP website and restricting results to AMD gives only four machines, two of which are desktops and the other two are All-In-One units :(

Permabanned
The 2500U is coming up to old skool i7 performance CPU wise, which is great, but it's also several years later than we've already had that performance. The world is moving on all the time.

Wrong.
The new Ryzen 5 3500U is 100MHz up from Ryzen 5 2500U. Ryzen 5 2500U is one of the current fastest 15W CPU available right there.

Soldato
^^^ this sadly :(

Just done a quick check on HP website and restricting results to AMD gives only four machines, two of which are desktops and the other two are All-In-One units :(

Just to add, had a quick search on Dell too and not a single AMD powered machine available that I could see :(

Permabanned
Indeed, but for large scale office deployments they need to come pre-installed in office machines from the big players like HP, Dell, Fuji etc

To be honest I have not checked in the last 6 months so maybe they now are but they certainly were not when we last looked at desktops / workstations.

No, just order as many as you wish from overclockers.co.uk. They will pre-build the cases for your offices.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £158.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Back
Top Bottom