Bioware's Anthem

Associate
There's a VIP Demo for preorder and origin premier people and a Open Demo open to all.

VIP Demo starts Jan 25th to the 27th. Open Demo is Feb 1st to 3rd.

I'm looking forward to the demos and think it has good potential.

Associate
There's a VIP Demo for preorder and origin premier people and a Open Demo open to all.

VIP Demo starts Jan 25th to the 27th. Open Demo is Feb 1st to 3rd.

I'm looking forward to the demos and think it has good potential.

Hopefully it has improved considerably since the Alpha. There were plenty of complaints about that so with luck they've taken the feedback onboard.
Obviously that is what an Alpha test is for, so fingers crossed.

Associate
I was hyped for this but ive been watching some of the game changer videos that have recently been put out. They seem so bias (yes i know because of money) but they skirt over bad sides of the game and really do push it to cringe worthy levels. One comment was "what other game can you fly in"....

I do hope im wrong on feeling they are pushing the game so hard because its naff. I could really do wiith a good shooter grind in my life..:D

Soldato
Hopefully it has improved considerably since the Alpha. There were plenty of complaints about that so with luck they've taken the feedback onboard.
Obviously that is what an Alpha test is for, so fingers crossed.
Alpha was a server load test system not testing the game content, the issues it had were already fixed as it was an old version of the game at the time of Alpha coming out. Most people don't understand this and got annoyed that the game didn't work 100% or how they expected it to. Also the only real criticism I've heard about was controls / flying with keyboard and mouse which I had minimal issues with and was already updated anyway when the Alpha came out, again, due to the Alpha being an earlier version of the game.

Permabanned
I had more criticisms.....

Home base place, having to walk around at a snails pace.
Home base place, tiny, where is the MMO style base with other players?
Half hour animation to get into your suit.
Flying clunky.
Gun play a bit boring.
Extremely similar to Destiny.
Menu system laborious and not intuitive.
Difficult to get a group.
Felt like a single player game with some co-op stuff bolted on.

I am open minded and hopeful it will be improved but first impressions (which count for a lot) are "meh".

Soldato
Calm thyself, The Division 2 will save us all.... :p

I think this is gonna be a bit crap though.
I'll reserve judgement for the Demos, it does look a lot like Destiny though!

I've not really looked ad The Division 2 much, just not sure how it will compare to the depressing snow covered Division. I do miss those days in the DZ.

I have a spare VIP Demo friend referral if someone wants it.

Soldato
Interested to hear thoughts on the demo from those that played alpha. My main issues were the controls (which supposedly should be fixed) and that the world felt small. I know areas were locked out but the pace at which you traversed the available sections felt like the rest of the map could be traversed quite quickly.

Anyway it's part of my origin prem sub so i'll play it regardless. I'll download the demo tonight.

Back
Top Bottom