How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Permabanned
I'd be interested to know what everyone asks their barber too... I don't have mine short enough to be able to just say "Number three on the sides, number 4 on top" etc. So I always flap about trying to describe how long it's been since I last had it cut, how fast it grows, how it needs enough off to be "tidy around my ears" etc. :p
One of the perks of doing it yourself is you don't have to deal with this :)
You get good at doing it after a couple of tries, so you end up with a haircut exactly how you want it.

Associate
£12 at the local barbers.

I did go to a fancy barbers that charged £27 in central London a few times - you'd get served with fancy turkish tea, they gave you hand and arm massage after the cut, hot towel on the face and even burnt the hair off/out of your ears with a little flaming cotton wool thing :eek:

Soldato
£7 but I normally give a couple tip as I only go every 2-3 months and get it cut very short. Barber knows what I have without me saying now and is friendly and easy to talk to.

Soldato
Username checks out :p
I thought it was a lot but I work in the West End so it's going to be roughly the same for anywhere half decent. When I was poorer I tried the infamous Mr Toppers a few times but it was dreadful. I get a drink, a little massage, hot towel -- and more importantly I can get it done in my lunch break which is worth a little bit extra.

Soldato
£8 quid, but always give £10, i've been going to the same place 30+ years

Edit: I don't say what i want... its normally them asking me... 'the usual'.

Soldato
£8 but always pay £10. Its only a few doors down from the house and I thoroughly believe in supporting local businesses (the attractive young ladies that work in there are pure coincidence).

Ree

Ree

Associate
i pay nothing other than the £30 for clipper every few years as av been shaving my head (no guard) since my late teens.

Soldato
Me,

£0

I have a GF who I let take some scissors and just have a go. She makes a very good job of it too for somebody who has never had any previous training or experiance in the art.

(She is very like me in this respect. I built a garden wall for her some years ago. I had never had any previous experience of bricklaying. My approach was "I need to make this pile of bricks look like that wall" and I just went ahead and did it!)

A professional might make a better job of it, but I doubt if anybody would notice the difference after the first couple of days of new growth, really.

Obviously, there are some here that clearly bowl for the other team!

After all, No normal Man would spend more than a tenner on a haircut!

:p :D

Back
Top Bottom