How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Soldato
Nothing. It gets a going over once a month with clippers and no guard. Was a bit of a shock the first time, going from hair long enough to sit on to something akin to Fuzzy Felt.

Soldato
£8 although i normally tip, although during that brief teenage period where i thought having long hair was a good idea ended up having to switch as my barber kept making meaningful glances at the clippers.

i suspect the reason women's haircuts are so expensive is because if you're running longer hair you don't need it cut as often so outside of insisting on getting it "done" every other week it can be quite economical.

Associate
Not a penny for the past 12 years.

Went to a proper 'salon' for the first time ever when based in Sydney, to be greeted at the door by an Asian man with what can only be described as a John Daly-style '80s mullet, dyed blonde. I should have known it wouldn't end well and it didn't; he made an absolute balls-up of a simple short back and sides. Straight back to the hostel, asked the other half to fix it up, no training. And she did such a good job, she's been my go-to ever since. Given the various styles I've had it over the years, more usually a mohawk, I'd now not trust it to anyone else unless under duress.

Before that, back in the distant fog of time, it was about £4!!

Soldato
A tenner? I used to pay about £18 back in a small town in Berkshire back in 2011.
Currently pay I think £10.5 in Devon, might be £11.5 in fact. Convenient and beats driving into the city centre and having a cheap cut. Last time I had cheap cut it was really weird. Talking to the foreign chap he suddenly started referring to kids as "***** little *****" and ran with it, repeating it over and over. After a quiet moment he started calling me names. Wasn't having a great day myself and didn't hear him at first. Looked off his head anyway but am fairly sure he was saying lowly the "you" + f word and next Tuesday. Seemed pleasant in the past (wasn't the first time I had been there)!
Bit of a story but reminds me to avoid cheap places with wasted looking foreigners :)

Soldato
£12 at a Turkish barbers in the village, used to make it up to £15. TBH I've decided it's not worth it with my balding head, and recently bought a Philips do it yourself hair clipper. Keep going one grade lower every time, and eventually will just take the lot off. The cutter has already paid for itself a couple of times over.

Soldato
£17 and that’s one of the cheapest option around this area.

I looked at getting a trim at a barbers in London by my office, £35 seemed to be the going rate.

Back
Top Bottom