How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Man of Honour
An allegedly straight newspaper columnist was saying he gladly paid £55 per month to get his haircut in a hairdressers so he wouldn't have to
talk about football, brexit and twin turbo MX5s, presumably he was happier talking about babies, tampons and Love Island.

I assume by this you mean he went into a ladies salon?

I'll have you know that this is not what they talk about in a salon most of the time! Plus, their seats are way more comfortable :cool:

Associate
I used to go to a guy who charged £8, but he was a one man band who was always hungover and used to complain about anything and everything. At times even refusing to cut my hair the way I wanted because "it would take too long". :confused:

Now I go round the corner to the Turkish place who charge £10 but provide way better service.

Soldato
My girlfriend does it with clippers. She ends up doing my back also but it’s not that bad:D I fall into a dream like state which I don’t think the barber would appreciate and it’s all free.

Soldato
£15 every 4 weeks at a hairdressing salon. That might sound steep to some, cheap to others... But, they know my interests etc. so conversation is better than small talk about the weather, as they'll usually ask me specific questions about my work or things relating to my life, which is a nice touch. I've been going there for around 12 years now, and always use the same hairdresser.

I book my next appointment every time I have a haircut, so there's zero waiting time. I walk in, I'm offered coffee/water/food on arrival, a slew of friendly hairdressers who greet me by name, and a comfy chair. I can park my car right next to the hairdressers, and pop into the Tesco next door after every cut to pick up some breakfast. Bit of a monthly Saturday morning ritual!

These points are why I don't spend £8 at the barbers and wait around for half an hour to get a haircut style that I didn't ask for.

Soldato
Same, even down to ancient Wahl clippers
They're amazing!

But I think I have to get new ones as I never took care of them as a youf and used to just wash them under the tap rather than using a brush. Starting to rust a bit and the arm which controls the head has come loose so no nice blends with the beard :(

Soldato
At Uni there was a barbers that was £5 and you got a pint and a condom.

Nowadays I go to a local Turkish one that is £9 but I usually just give £10 and let them keep the £1.

Permabanned
Paid 16 euros in the algarve the other week at the barbers. No tip as he kept me waiting for 25 mins even with an appointment. Haircut was ok but expected it to be a little cheaper considering that’s what i pay back home. No idea how so many get sub £10 haircuts, not seen that price this century.

Back
Top Bottom