*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
The pro pad wipes the floor with PS4 and XB1 pads. Not that they are bad - I have and like both - but the pro pad is the best I've ever used and noticeably better. The sticks are freakishly good! Arguably not essential if you have other options, but if you want to play the best Nintendo games in the best way, go for it. I wouldn't wanted to have played Breath of the Wild and Odyssey with anything else. What I really want is to play other consoles with the pro pad ..

I'm surprised there's so much love for the Pro Pad, I don't dislike it but I don't like it either, it was when I bought it the best option other than using the default controllers. I would take the DS4 and Xbox Elite controller over it any day.

Man of Honour
I'm surprised there's so much love for the Pro Pad, I don't dislike it but I don't like it either, it was when I bought it the best option other than using the default controllers. I would take the DS4 and Xbox Elite controller over it any day.
If you don't play many 2D games then it's pretty decent, but is has by far the worst D-Pad of any console I've used except for the XBox 360 pad.

What idiot thought that being able to simultaneously press all 4 directions at once was a good idea? Just because the joy-cons have that necessary flaw it doesn't mean that it had to be carried over to the Pro controller.

Last edited:
Soldato
Need single player game for a long weekend as will be away and want to stay out of the pub all the evenings

Any single player suggestions that aren't JRPGs?

Got/Finished:
Mario
Zelda
Mario Kart
Sonic Mania

Playing on/off:
Dead Cells

Soldato
Need single player game for a long weekend as will be away and want to stay out of the pub all the evenings

Got/Finished:
Mario
Zelda
Mario Kart
Sonic Mania

Playing on/off:
Dead Cells

Hollow Knight and Steamworld Heist are very good. And Into the Breach and Inside.

Associate

Got/Finished:
Mario
Zelda
Mario Kart
Sonic Mania

Playing on/off:
Dead Cells

Kirby and i can also vouch for Steamworld Heist

Ive not played Donkey Kong but its got very good reviews.

Associate

Got/Finished:
Mario
Zelda
Mario Kart
Sonic Mania

Playing on/off:
Dead Cells

Wargroove is out on Friday (Advanced Wars clone), Stardew Valley and another vote for Holllow Knight are on the cheaper end. Mario + Rabbids can be had for around £20, Donkey Kong TF for £40 or Hyrule Warriors for £30 and The Binding of Isaac £30.

Soldato
Steamworld Heist was a great surprise for me. I looked at some youtube footage and still wasn't convinced but everyone praised it so highly that I bit the bullet and it is so good that I needn't have worried. Hollow Knight as well, you're in for a treat!

Soldato
about 95 hours on octopath now and just seen the credits earlier, now the game begins i don't have any advanced jobs etc and just done the last chapter 4 one.

got a load of battle tested gear etc and been running around stealing from every person in every town lol

best 30 quid i ever spent.

had a laugh with a m8 earlier doing 2 player in mario wii u deluxe and the first ghost house :)

once im done with octopath im not sure whether to start up zelda or xenoblade 2, so many games, not touched my ps4 game wise since i got the switch and gonna stop my ps4 sub since the switch is soo much fun and im sick of getting loads of games ill never play, then i can sort out the switch back log and dent the steam one maybe lol

edit: tried to play double dragon in 2 player earlier and nothing much happened, had a m8 with my joycons in the thing that makes em a controller and i had the pro controller.

the game refused to recognise his controller apart from the snapshot button...

Last edited:
Associate
Is the fighters pass worth getting for Super Smash Bros Deluxe, only bought the game yesterday so not really had a good go on it yet?

Cheers all

Back
Top Bottom