*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Soldato
Have a watch of this

Thanks I just had a watch.

I guess I can texture size up and ignore the warnings.

Im surprised they recommended smaa it looked horrible to me, Maybe it's because im clare and the main issue was her hair so many white lines everywhere was killing the game for me.

Associate
Thanks I just had a watch.

I guess I can texture size up and ignore the warnings.

Im surprised they recommended smaa it looked horrible to me, Maybe it's because im clare and the main issue was her hair so many white lines everywhere was killing the game for me.

I'd just posted in the graphics card section about that video, I saw a good 20-30% boost in most places using the settings he recommends. It means I can bump up the render quality slider up a few notches to reduce aliasing/flicker further for the same performance I was running with max settings.

Soldato
I'd just posted in the graphics card section about that video, I saw a good 20-30% boost in most places using the settings he recommends. It means I can bump up the render quality slider up a few notches to reduce aliasing/flicker further for the same performance I was running with max settings.

I just tried smaa with 150% and instantly had to turn it off. White lines and dots everywhere flickering.

I guess different people notice different things. Taa is only one for me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I think this game looks and sounds great with 7.1(5.1)

I didn't like the smaa it just had white lines everywhere. I switched to taa looks so much smoother.

I think I have everything maxed out 1080p with 2gb textures taa and 130%.

Im getting solid 60 and it looks great but just wondering if there is any settings you guys switch on or off to make it look better.

I don't wanna look through thread until I have finished game, im afraid of spoiling something.

First thing I did was turn off motion blur, depth of field, lens distortion and film noise. All make the image quality better when turned off in my opinion.

I am on 4K and had a couple playthroughs with no AA, things look much sharper and better, but you do see some aliasing and some areas were worse than others where there was shimmering. In the other playthroughs I used FXAA+TAA which completely eliminates any aliasing, but then you lose a lot of detail and sharpness, but it still looks very good.

The other option that I turned off for my 4th playthrough was screen space reflections which has well documented issues in this game that causes weird things to happen on certain surfaces.

Everything else I have on maximum settings. Ignore the complaint about not having enough memory for textures. If you have a 8gb card, stick it on 8gb. I have mine on 8gb and it says I should have 13gb but only have 12gb so it is in red. Not had any issues.

Soldato
I just tested going over vram limit and guy in video is wrong.

Same settings as before I use the next texture size and fighting this boss my framerate went from rock solid never dropping below 60fps to 30fps when he throws stuff at me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I just tested going over vram limit and guy in video is wrong.

Same settings as before I use the next texture size and fighting this boss my framerate went from rock solid never dropping below 60fps to 30fps when he throws stuff at me.
Weird. Didn’t happen to me. When I was monitoring it while playing it barely ever reached 8gb, I had 4Gb to spare, yet the game recons I should have over 13gb.

Soldato
Weird. Didn’t happen to me. When I was monitoring it while playing it barely ever reached 8gb, I had 4Gb to spare, yet the game recons I should have over 13gb.

Im fighting this boss right now in the lab and when settings say im using 6.6 of my 8gb im fine perfectly locked to 60fps all game. If I try using 8.5gb on my 8gb card by turning texture quality up my fps drops hard like 30fps when he starts throwing stuff.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Im fighting this boss right now in the lab and when settings say im using 6.6 of my 8gb im fine perfectly locked to 60fps all game. If I try using 8.5gb on my 8gb card by turning texture quality up my fps drops hard like 30fps when he starts throwing stuff.
Yeah, can’t ignore facts. I suppose in your case you need to play on lower texture quality. The only time I have seen drops in FPS is in 2-3 areas where there is a lot of volumetric light present. But the drop does not bother me as I have g-sync and dropping from 57 to 40’s is not a huge deal, though I feel it when it happens. Very rare though, so a non issue for me. I could mitigate it by running my card overclocked instead of underclocked, but not worth it.

Soldato
Yeah, can’t ignore facts. I suppose in your case you need to play on lower texture quality. The only time I have seen drops in FPS is in 2-3 areas where there is a lot of volumetric light present. But the drop does not bother me as I have g-sync and dropping from 57 to 40’s is not a huge deal, though I feel it when it happens. Very rare though, so a non issue for me. I could mitigate it by running my card overclocked instead of underclocked, but not worth it.

Yeah I don't have gsync so any time it drops below 60fps I really feel the jump.

So even slight drops others wouldn't notice as soon as I feel the drop I look straight at my fps counter.

I can't wait to upgrade to a freesync tv next year. Right now I just have to run overkill to always be above 60. I hate the judder I get when it drops below 60.

Maybe it was just the area of the game I was in when I tried it but the vid says going above on the texture size makes no difference but I put it up and straight away changing it my framerate starts halfing then putting it back framerate solid 60 again.

Soldato
Just finished the game with clare, I will read through thread now.

I thought game was great surprised how much I enjoyed it and how good the atmosphere was. most the game I was swearing at the enemies when they got near me.

I rate the game 9 out 10, only thing letting it down was the game got bit easy towards the end.

Running round the station with clare with all the footsteps behind you and zombies every where when you got no ammo or health was brilliant fun.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just finished the game with clare, I will read through thread now.

I thought game was great surprised how much I enjoyed it and how good the atmosphere was. most the game I was swearing at the enemies when they got near me.

I rate the game 9 out 10, only thing letting it down was the game got bit easy towards the end.

Running round the station with clare with all the footsteps behind you and zombies every where when you got no ammo or health was brilliant fun.
Glad you enjoyed it, more people that like it, the better. That way we get Resident Evil 3 remake and then after a Resident Evil 8 that uses this formula of gameplay going forward!

When you get to my post about rating the game in the series, let us know where you rate the game compared to the others :)

Soldato
Glad you enjoyed it, more people that like it, the better. That way we get Resident Evil 3 remake and then after a Resident Evil 8 that uses this formula of gameplay going forward!

When you get to my post about rating the game in the series, let us know where you rate the game compared to the others :)

Honestly it would be hard for me to put them in order. Unlike most people I really enjoyed all of them and like them all for different reasons.

I see you don't like 4 and 5 but I loved playing through them with my friends. On 4 we would take turns and 5 having online coop was great fun.

Im really looking forward to playing 7 in vr if they ever bring it to pc.

I think this resident evil 2 has 96% thumbs up on steam so I imagine they will do another one after this.

For me what stood out on this one was how good the sound was. It was sending chills down me running round police station with volume up on the home cinema.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Honestly it would be hard for me to put them in order. Unlike most people I really enjoyed all of them and like them all for different reasons.

I see you don't like 4 and 5 but I loved playing through them with my friends. On 4 we would take turns and 5 having online coop was great fun.

Im really looking forward to playing 7 in vr if they ever bring it to pc.

I think this resident evil 2 has 96% thumbs up on steam so I imagine they will do another one after this.

For me what stood out on this one was how good the sound was. It was sending chills down me running round police station with volume up on the home cinema.

The only ones I did not enjoy much at all were probably my bottom 3. With revaluations games the episodic rubbish ruined it a bit, the first wa not bad, but I did not enjoy the second game at all and less we talk about Resident Evil 6 the better. Lol.

I never said I did not enjoy RE4 and 5. I enjoyed 4 quite a bit at the time, but it did not feel like a proper resident evil game to me. I always have the urge to replay resident evil games every few years. I don’t get the urge to play RE4 and 5 much or at all really. Will likely replay 4 after the graphical mod that is being worked on is fully complete. Looking back I have only completed RE5 two times, I have already completed RE2 Remake more than that and I won’t tell you how many times I have completed the original remake over the years :p

Yes, it just didn't have the same scare factor and things started to become predictable. It became more of an action game which didn't quite fit with me.

I felt something similar with RE3, it was by far my least favourite out of the 3 games at the time. But with familiars story setting and gameplay etc still makes it a better game for me than majority of other resident evil games for me. I still enjoy replaying it every few years.

Would love a remake.

Back
Top Bottom