Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Would have thought BMW use DIN as their lowest weight i.e. with fluids.

All I can say is I know a guy who has weighed his M2 competition, car had full tank fuel, it had the manual sport seats, bigger brake option and was DCT, no options, it weighed 1642kg on race scales, he said the manuals saves around 20kg.

So to me its a heavy car for the kind of car it is which is BMW's smallest hatch, an M4 is circa 1675kg for comparison, again weighed, so when you consider people called my Mustang a tank for weighing 1708kg with fuel, then well so are these M cars too, but car in general have just become overweight. He also informed me the older M2 was lighter, that was 1577kg, again manual and full tank of fuel. Also his scales showed weight distribution as 53.5/46.5 so getting nose heavy too.

1550kg is the lightest configuration without fuel and potentially other fluids, so manual, sport seats, no options and manual, by the time they are delivered to customers with fuel they are all north of 1600kg.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

So last night I was chatting to a mate (another Jaaag owner) mentioned Huracans and he is like my best mate is the sales guy at Lamborghini Manchester, I will introduce you to each other. Later last night we got chatting, he said he could do mates rates and today I've been driving Lamborghini's. :D

lambo1.jpg lambo2.jpg lambo3.jpg lambo4.jpg lambo5.jpg lambo6.jpg lambo7.jpg lambo8.jpg

The Urus was a technological masterpiece, interior is something else and the performance speaks for itself, but that was driven for joy of driving, no interest in that vehicle.

I drove a 610-4 with LDS, my previous experience has been a 580-2.

Bearing in mind it was freezing, wet and slippery the 610-4 was nothing short of incredible, truly capable in such conditions and I drove the car the entire time in Corsa mode.
I could see out of it easily, I could judge it easy and it has a real go-kart feeling to it and feels like your almost sitting on front wheels with their been essentially no bonnet due to the mid engine setup.
Grip levels no problem, I launched it twice on cold wet roads and it hooked up!
Gear shifts are ferocious in corsa mode and serious addictive.
No signs of understeer and the LDS system seemed fine at no point in Corsa mode could I feel it or at any point did the steering not feel natural, not sure about other modes but I would only use Corsa, supposedly Sport is a tad more rear biased for doing skids, but to me in Corsa it felt locked down and planted, car felt very lightweight too mid corner.

It is absolutely a favourite and now having a good contact in Lamborghini helps, I was offered a Performante at 190k which was dismissed because its black, had it been another colour I'd be tempted. He did advice me that unless he can do me a very good deal on a colour I want around 180k its maybe best avoid Performante as there will be a faster version of the EVO to finish of the NA V10, so sounds like the Huracan is coming to an end and next thing will be NA Hybrid or low and forbid crap sounding turbo junk.

But seriously impressed with Huracan, I know its an R8 V10 Plus Gen2, but the excitement level and noise is on another level and this did not even have a sports exhaust. He has said if they supply a car without sports exhaust which is louder than regular, he will sort me a really nice deal on the race exhaust fitted there which is loudest.

It was good to see the colours in the flesh as I was un-decided on whether to go green, orange or yellow, after seeing them all I love all three colours, simply bloody stunning in the flesh though green works best with silver wheels which I like and yellow and orange really need dark/black wheels. He said changing exhaust to chrome tips also no issue. Also purple is a firm favourite too, in the flesh the colour is incredible.

So I've left and given him a target, Huracan with circa 10k miles in preferred colour for under 140k on a 15/16 plate. Or do me a Performante in a colour I like for 180k !

However the decision is not final, as Lamborghini, 12 months warranty, no options to extend officially but warranty wise is £3500 per year with max single 10k pay out limit. Annual service is £1500 - £3000 depending on which service it is, 3rd year is most expensive.

Next one is 458, the one I am looking at is a 2014 so the next three years of servicing are free (7yr service pack) and comes with 2 years warranty as standard which is £2500 to extend with Ferrari afterwards, so servicing and warranty cost the Ferrari saves over 10k, plus they hold pricing better, 458's are very solid. So one of those to drive next.

Then a 570S, I wont buy as to much money to risk losing, but I need to drive! Then drive them all again on track and then decide what to do buy. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Very claustrophobic inside.

I sat in the SVJ, it really is a car that is built around how it looks, everything else is a compromise. I could not see out of it so well and it felt crazy wide, an Aventador would make a terrible daily and the single clutch is miles behind the dual clutch in Huracan.

I was shock how easy I could see out of and judge the Huracan, if anything it felt quite small and nimble, consider me impressed, if Huracan does prove favourite I shall probably just hire a gen2 V10 plus R8 for 3 days for a grand to just make sure I am happy with driving dynamics as they are essentially identical cars.

Man of Honour
Mate of mine had the first SVJ from Manchester, he has a Performante already and prefers it I believe.

570S is an incredible driving seat. Vision is superb.

OcUK Staff
OP
Mate of mine had the first SVJ from Manchester, he has a Performante already and prefers it I believe.

570S is an incredible driving seat. Vision is superb.

I’m gonna drove 570S if the Huracan felt light then the 570S should feel incredible as I think a 570S is around 1440kg and Spyder is 1480kg whereas Huracan is around 1550kg I’m talking wet weights with some fuel, basically how there driven.

Not sure what a 458 weighs but guessing around 1525kg.

Soldato
£190k is a wild amount of cash.

I’d go with the standard lp-610 coupe, it’s better value than the Performante for sure.

Drive the R8 though. Puts the money into perspective for sure. Especially when you can get them for sub £90k, it’s a big chunk of lambo tax.

OcUK Staff
OP
£190k is a wild amount of cash.

I’d go with the standard lp-610 coupe, it’s better value than the Performante for sure.

Drive the R8 though. Puts the money into perspective for sure. Especially when you can get them for sub £90k, it’s a big chunk of lambo tax.

If after 458 and 570S Huracan is still firm favourite I’m gonna hire an R8 V10 Plus gen2 as you can get one for around three days for a grand so not cheap but it would give me a lot more seat time and like you say they are essentially same car so if I end up really enjoying living with it then the Huracan would be a goer and if you want a Lambo guess the Lambo tax has to be paid.

Soldato
the colour choice is where it gets tricky, the best colour isn't there, the Challenger has it, it's a battleship grey, i've just sprayed the Kenworth truck in this colour, it looks awesome contrasted with chrome plating esp in MATT grey :eek:
i never liked Matt paint on a car, but it looks brilliant with gloss black or chrome plating, it also looks good on that new Supra or the Aston Martin, it makes a sports car look totally evil. :D

Underboss
the colour choice is where it gets tricky, the best colour isn't there, the Challenger has it, it's a battleship grey, i've just sprayed the Kenworth truck in this colour, it looks awesome contrasted with chrome plating esp in MATT grey :eek:
i never liked Matt paint on a car, but it looks brilliant with gloss black or chrome plating, it also looks good on that new Supra or the Aston Martin, it makes a sports car look totally evil. :D

pics of the truck please. sounds interesting

OcUK Staff
OP

Don't do matt paints on cars at all, the Performante is the matt orange is a near 20k paint option, seeing it next to the gloss orange, give me the gloss orange all day long.
Colour is easy for me they all look superb in gloss green, orange, yellow or purple and would be happy with any.
When spending 150k on a car I need to love it and it needs to be a colour I truly want. So reds, blacks, greys, matt colours, silvers, simply do nothing for me.

The Black Performante is now down to 185k what a bargain for a Performante, but serious I'd never love the car, I am trying to convince myself I could like black because I once had black (Saleen Mustan), but I simply can't see me doing it. I reckon an offer of 175k will probably secure that car.

Also I am aware this is 720S money, but by March they will be 150k and by end of year around 120k, they simply seemed doomed value wise does Mclaren, once 570S are under 100k they will be epic cars if Mclaren have the extended warranties sorted out otherwise they could be a nightmare and cost fortune to own.

Will just leave this here.... :eek:

It might be slowest but financially the Ferrari makes most sense.
It is shielded somewhat from depreciation.
7yr service pack all post 2011 cars have means a 2014 car has 3yr left of free services and they come with 2yr default, plus I am sure its a more focused drivers car over Huracan, which may make it more me but the Huracan was very good and it sounded insane and was just stock exhaust, with the race system be incredible, though the 110db would mean un-silenced track days only.

Soldato
Don't do matt paints on cars at all, the Performante is the matt orange is a near 20k paint option, seeing it next to the gloss orange, give me the gloss orange all day long.
Colour is easy for me they all look superb in gloss green, orange, yellow or purple and would be happy with any.
When spending 150k on a car I need to love it and it needs to be a colour I truly want. So reds, blacks, greys, matt colours, silvers, simply do nothing for me.

The Black Performante is now down to 185k what a bargain for a Performante, but serious I'd never love the car, I am trying to convince myself I could like black because I once had black (Saleen Mustan), but I simply can't see me doing it. I reckon an offer of 175k will probably secure that car.

Also I am aware this is 720S money, but by March they will be 150k and by end of year around 120k, they simply seemed doomed value wise does Mclaren, once 570S are under 100k they will be epic cars if Mclaren have the extended warranties sorted out otherwise they could be a nightmare and cost fortune to own.

It might be slowest but financially the Ferrari makes most sense.
It is shielded somewhat from depreciation.
7yr service pack all post 2011 cars have means a 2014 car has 3yr left of free services and they come with 2yr default, plus I am sure its a more focused drivers car over Huracan, which may make it more me but the Huracan was very good and it sounded insane and was just stock exhaust, with the race system be incredible, though the 110db would mean un-silenced track days only.

Why not wrap the black performante?

Back
Top Bottom