Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

Man of Honour
Yeah am just gonna sit on mine, a trader recommended I drop to 69k for a quick sale, but at same time he has a Lambo he wants to sell me. ;)
Must admit its a Lambo I really like, yellow, glass rear panel, forged engine bay, lift, mag ride and NO LDS.
Downsides black wheels and black exhaust tips but not a deal breaker as easily rectified.

I need to get behind the wheel of an LDS and none LDS car though as the feedback is so mixed on the LDS some like it and some do not and some did not like it at first but then grew to love it......
I am going to have to get my wheels done again!

I took them to a place in Cannock (not Shorade) and they did a lousy job. Utter rubbish so going to have them done again.

Associate
*Not that I've tried* I take it you want it without. If its based upon Audi's system (which I assume it is), then CH et al aren't massive fans.

While I touch upon Audi. I take it the new R8 V10+ is not on the radar... saving yourself 40k~(though will loose more on depreciation I'm sure) and keeping the V10 AWD theme or just not what you're looking for?

Soldato
*Not that I've tried* I take it you want it without. If its based upon Audi's system (which I assume it is), then CH et al aren't massive fans.

While I touch upon Audi. I take it the new R8 V10+ is not on the radar... saving yourself 40k~(though will loose more on depreciation I'm sure) and keeping the V10 AWD theme or just not what you're looking for?

I've driven both, not much in it to be honest and the R8 definitely the more sensible option. (and more practical)

It just lacks the visual theatrics and edginess of the Lambo.

OcUK Staff
OP

The R8 is the Huracan's downfall, they are almost identical, well R8 V10 Plus Gen2 anyway. So yes steering feel is a bit meh, no worse than SVR though, but its not Porsche, Ferrari or Mclaren level. R8 is easier to see out off, has more interior room and you can set everything independent, so it has more customisation, though the R8 looks good, I took the less capable SVR instead of one because I found it more fun to drive in some ways and because it was a much rarer option. I rarely see another F-Type around here and I've never seen another SVR on the road but there is less than 200 SVR coupes registered in UK, so its rare.

Just the R8 does not do much for me, they are beautiful cars but I don't want one, does not mean I won't get one as I do like them, just not craving one. I could get a near new R8 V10 Plus Gen2 for around 90k, loads for sale, that is R8's issue depreciation wise, bit like Mclarens, they sold way too many and thus forcing prices down. But in many ways if I went R8 I feel I'd prefer to get a gen1 V10 manual, a proper drivers car and an absolute bargain at 45-55k and to 99% population its still an R8 and looks no different and in some ways better than the new one. Half the price, 80% the performance, more driving fun and hardly no depreciation at this level.

The Huracan is an R8 in a fancy dress, yes they do seem to have shaved out some weight as a Huracan 610-4 weighs 1544kg wet and a 580-2 is 1509kg, plus maybe the gear ratios are different as the Huracan is quite a bit quicker down the quarter mile at around 10.5@135mph so they are properly quick cars, also been clocked at 2.6s to 60mph. Visibility less so and infotainment less but the whole car is on another level event wise, Lamborghini is the poster car, an R8 is not and with cars the emotion they create is half the draw. You either get that or you do not. Still both perform almost identical and are silly fast cars!

Yes depreciation wise a 90-100k R8 V10 Plus gen2 in 2yr will be worth 65-70k easily, they shed money like Mclarens to some extent. If I can get into a Huracan in right spec, around 10k miles for 135k I will be doing very well, same car in 2yr be worth around 120k, not a huge amount in it but instead of a 70k asset I've got a 120k asset on the drive to do as I wish with. :)

LDS adjust the steering ratio, you can also feel it doing it sometimes so I am not sure I want that, Lamborghini understand my concern and have offered me test drives in both if they have used examples available. As its not clear cut as some really rate it because it also does mean you never need to cross your hands on a twisty road or circuit which certainly has some benefit too. Its a bit like the understeer issue, some complain and some say its none existent. The 580-2 had it and at slow speeds I could feel it, however on track it did seem to not interfere and I was in sport mode.

The internet will make you believe a Huracan drives rubbish, rumours are when it was released and press took a load on track Lamborghini put very safe geo on all the cars, no one will ever know truth, but these reviews show the opposite.

These videos are prime examples:

Yes a GT3 will always be the better drive, more precise, more direct and better front-end, but when you put even a GT3 RS next to a Huracan its the Huracan I want to drive. Plus the Huracan is way more of an event to drive at legal speeds, the feel, noise, engine etc. A GT3 only gets exciting at illegal speeds engine wise.

I've also spoken to some owners who are lucky enough to have Huracans and also cars like 458's and GT3 stable mates and on the road the Huracan is the car they take, because like an R8 its planted but its extremely raw too and huge fun because of that and fun at legal speeds.

If I was daring I should buy a 580-2 as more guaranteed to lose no money as I think there is less than 50 in UK, but nice ones are around 170k and sorry at this price level I am just going 30k more and getting a Performante.
I mentioned to Lamborghini I could be interested in a Performante at 200k, a minute later sir we have a Performante and we can do it at 200k for you, well that was easy, but it was no deal, car was black and had the ugly centre lock wheels.

I am still going to consider a Performante but try to get a yellow, green or orange with bronze wheels and for around 180k as I think in 2-3 years when all the financial uncertain and brexit is over they will be worse case 160k but could be 200k plus. :)

Other options is a 570S, but thats guaranteed to lose money, lots of money or a 458 great financially, but its old and well it could get expensive.

What I have discovered Lamborghini as of yet do not offer extended warranties for Huracans, as all are still under warranty, they informed me they plan to offer something later this year for cars purchased via dealers for around £5000 per year the other option is warrantywise platinum with 10k pay out limit for around £3500 per year.

Huracan is favourite for me, 610-4 in yellow or green and I am gonna be aggressive and push for 130-140k, don't want to pay more than 150k, or I just go Performante at 180-200k.
Also what I did like about Huracan, it felt super light to drive, it felt no heavier than the 1430kg GT3, so that is really good!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP

It needs to work as a daily and an Aventador does not, I also like them to look at, that is about all, my SVR is quicker at Pod, the gear box is from the 1990's in them, maybe bot that bad but apart from a race track a really not so easy car to use on road or live with, not for me at all.

Huracan is the only Lamborghini that interest me, just like in Ferrari's 458 is the only one I'd buy, but I use my cars, I don't park and look at them.

Soldato
Amazing cars but not a daily...unless of course you have a corner sofa.

Apparently the Aventador is worse to drive than the Huracan (less of a drivers car) - not my words. It is a event though with the sounds, the looks and the gearbox kicks unbelievably hard in corsa mode.

I'd find it hard to believe if the Aventador being quicker than a Huracan on a twisty road.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Amazing cars but not a daily...unless of course you have a corner sofa.

Apparently the Aventador is worse to drive than the Huracan (less of a drivers car) - not my words. It is a event though with the sounds, the looks and the gearbox kicks unbelievably hard in corsa mode.

I'd find it hard to believe if the Aventador was quicker than a Huracan on a twisty road.

Aventador loses in a straight line too, at VMAX i owned the Aventador, not sure if a 670 or 700 but on a 1 mile run way, they really are not a good car tp use as a daily. All looks and noise, very handicapped on the road. You could literally take a swig of your tea between its gear changes.

Huracan is quicker, better handling and I think a much better looking car, its just more finished. Out of all cars I am looking at Huracan and 570S are shockingly quick cars, way faster than the manufacturers would have you believe, then stuff like GT3 and 458 well my SVR is actually quicker, because the SVR is also a car that is quite a bit faster than Jaguar let on. :)

Huracan is a bit silly, if thrust mode hooks up your talking 2.6s to 60, 5.7 to 100 and mid ten second quarter mile at 130 plus, that is bonkers fast for a 600HP NA car. Supposedly Lamborghini numbers did not use thrust mode, just sport and floor it, which again 3.2s is mighty for just a floor it and go. What I also like about the SVR, no messing around, just floor it, 3.3s to 60 even in wet conditions, yes if you setup the car it can do under 3s by that I mean Vmax mode, put suspension to soft and manually change 1st to 2nd gear knocks a couple of tenths of 0-60 rather than letting the car do itself, be shame if it sells before next Pod as that could in theory give me a 10s pass as I've always let it do the gear changing.

At Pod best Aventador could do the whole day was an 11.2 run again no idea if a 670, 700 or 750, so when a cheap Jaguar says cya, kind of feels good, all down to gearbox, single clutch is simply slow and really hard to launch, I know this well from the single clutch SMG in my M3 is also hard to launch.

Huracan tends to outperform Aventador everywhere including tracks or are very evenly matched.
Great thing about Huracan it feels really light to drive, somewhat compact as its not that wide, same as SVR, just mirrors stick out more and in Corsa it shift quite brutal, as brutal as your gonna get from a dual clutch car, so glad Lamborghini dialled the inertia shift in because it is fun.

The 570S Spyder is the one that might pull me away from Huracan, lighter, open top, just as powerful, more engaging no doubt, downsides really are not NA, noise and fear are some epic depreciation. At 140k 570S Spyder or Huracan 610-4 is probably the real question, they both look proper super cars in their own right.

Performance numbers aside the most important criteria for the next car is fun and occaison along with a weight as close too or under 1500kg, cars becoming too heavy and it hurts the feel and fun on the road.

It is shocking that something like an M2 Competition weighs 1650kg for what is the small car in the range but I guess it gives room for an M2 CSL maybe???

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Got to be the Huracan imo, I don't think it will disappoint in any way.

The lack of noise on the 570S does it for me though I still think they look really good.

Why a 570S has to be a Spyder so can have back window down or roof down, at least with Mclaren there is really no penalty for convertible, just 40kg added for mechanism for roof.

Back
Top Bottom