What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
FO4 is still keeping my attention, though the swimming mechanics are driving me crazy. I managed to get stuck underwater last night with no way to get out of the water. Why they couldn't implement thumbstick/trackpad controlled swimming (like in Skyrim) rather than the crazy gesture based swimming, I don't know.

On an impulse I finally bought Beat Saber and it's cool, but not cool enough to stop me playing FO4.

Just reading this post now!! Yes, Water sucks. I drowned in that Quarry near where you begin the game. Drowned several times. IF anyone had been watching me through my window that day I would say I looked ridiculous!! :D

I have two basic rules now, don't go into water, and don't throw nades. My fallout 4 life is much happier.

Associate
I'm currently playing In Death a lot which as got me addicted. It didn't grab me when I first played it, but it's had a few updates since, and now has loads of unlockables plus extra levels to keep you coming back.
How're you getting on with that? I've put in a fair number of hours but I can't for the life of me get past the first boss! (maybe there are other bosses, but since I've never made it past this one I'll probably never find out)

I've given up and now gone back to Elven Assassin for my archery fix.

Soldato
How're you getting on with that? I've put in a fair number of hours but I can't for the life of me get past the first boss! (maybe there are other bosses, but since I've never made it past this one I'll probably never find out)

I've given up and now gone back to Elven Assassin for my archery fix.

The secret is to unlock the various special arrows. The challenges to get them (at least the early ones) are fairly easy. Once you've got some explosive arrows then the bosses aren't that difficult.

Associate
The secret is to unlock the various special arrows. The challenges to get them (at least the early ones) are fairly easy. Once you've got some explosive arrows then the bosses aren't that difficult.
I think I could probably deal with the boss on its own, but with all the other hooded hoods coming out of the woodwork at the same time, I'm really teleporting around in a blind panic.:p

Soldato
I think I could probably deal with the boss on its own, but with all the other hooded hoods coming out of the woodwork at the same time, I'm really teleporting around in a blind panic.:p

I try to stock up on explosive or other high damage arrows and spam the boss with them straight away. The incursion arrows are also good as you can fire them at the alcoves where the monks appear and they will blow up when activating. If you have full health you can often ignore the monks and kill the boss before dying.

Soldato
Poker Stars is great!

The real kicker is the social thing, any table I've played at you either get drawn in to conversation or sit there fascinated listening to mindless ramblings.

Derail Valley launched yesterday, a first train sim in VR. That'll be the next game I plow some time in to.

Associate
Picked up a HOTAS yesterday and a copy of Elite Dangerous from Steam. Playing in VR with HTC Vive and lens mod is an amazing experience. Possibly the best experience i have had in VR. Its beautiful and with the HOTAS is fantastic.

I have no idea what i'm doing in Elite Dangerous as yet, only 4 hours in but what a game and for £20 its a steal.

Associate
If you're anything like me I had to play for many , many hours to gain the gist of the controls and being able to look stuff up easily on another monitor.

But you're right. In VR is a game changer. Beautiful.

Soldato
Playing in VR with HTC Vive and lens mod is an amazing experience. Possibly the best experience i have had in VR.

Both Everspace and X-rebirth VR are currently on heavy discount in the steam sale. Both are fantastic in VR, a bargain £5 for Everspace and £11 for X.

Soldato
Bought The Forest last night on Steam. Initial impressions are pretty good. Looks very nice and the motion controls for chopping down trees and collecting items feel pretty natural. Not really done much exploring yet, just built a shelter and gathered a few resources. Certainly seems a step above most VR conversions of pancake games.

Associate
Both Everspace and X-rebirth VR are currently on heavy discount in the steam sale. Both are fantastic in VR, a bargain £5 for Everspace and £11 for X.

+1 for Everspace - Great game in or out of VR. Must admit to struggling with the controls on this one in VR as i cant see the keyboard, not good for gamepad so tend to play out of VR

Back
Top Bottom