New Minecraft 1.13.2 Vanilla server now up!

Soldato
OP
How does Optifine work in Rift? I can't seem to get it to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1tDc_8u2A

Followed that video still not working.

I just use the vanilla launcher with different profiles for Rift etc.

Regarding Optifine - it stopped working for me yesterday on Rift. Not sure why. I tried reinstalling etc but nope, but it will work on it's own profile, which is odd. Upshot is I can either have Optifine OR Voxelmap atm :/

Soldato
OP
Yeah I notice Optifine worked on it's own profile, but in Rift no sign of it. Is it just a case of waiting for an update again?

Yeah, either from Rift or Optifine. I changed no settings, but as I say, it just stopped working yesterday for no apparent reason! I've done a little bit of searching, but can't find any info on what may be causing the issue.

Associate
. . . I'm thinking about making a wither skelly farm - I've found a decent fortress about 1200 blocks south of spawn/the goldfarm that has good lava coverage. The area will need slabbing/buttoning in a 128 block radius which will be a chore. The actual farm design is easy enough - it's the Gnembon sweeping design. Pic of the area below - as you can see, the area to be covered isn't that big - it's the diamond shape (roughly) around the 4 points.....

Count me in for help building this, just give me a note of the material requirements and I'll start producing those. At that distance in the nether if you portal out to the surface you should be able to find a Woodland Mansion hopefully as they tend to be about 10k+ blocks out from spawn.

Soldato
OP
Just set my base up, liking it so far, love how trees fall down, so much quicker collecting wood!

Good stuff. Yes, the tree mod is pretty cool. You also get occasional golden apples as drops as well!

Count me in for help building this, just give me a note of the material requirements and I'll start producing those. At that distance in the nether if you portal out to the surface you should be able to find a Woodland Mansion hopefully as they tend to be about 10k+ blocks out from spawn.

This is the one I want to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1wT-f3W5A

23 stacks leaves (got 5 stacks)
1 stack obsidian (got already)
15 stacks glass (got already)
42 stacks netherbrick
26 stacks carpet
13 stacks packed ice
2 stacks cobblestone wall
4 stacks slime
1 stack observers
2 stacks half slabs
32 redstone torches
32 redstone dust
32 repeaters
32 sticky pistons
16 pistons
64 buttons (for the farm, not for buttoning the area :eek: )
12 droppers
1 lever

I'll put some shulker boxes down either at my place or on the nether ceiling at the bottom of the goldfarm and use those to put in the resources so we can see what we've got. Slimes are going to be the biggest pita I feel. The rest is just grind work.

I found a mansion, out your way actually. Got the map from a Cartographer. The location is -4800 -2100 ish

Laters - Ham

Soldato
OP
What's this golden shovel thing for increasing protected area? And anyway to make sure when you die you spawn near your base?

The golden shovel is used to make your claim area bigger, or to create new ones. See the op for a link to how it works - you basically earn extra claim blocks per hour of play. A claimed area means no-one can mine/break/open your chests unless you add them to your claim. If you can't make a golden shovel, hit me up and I can give you one, as there is more than enough gold at the gold farm (which is for everyone to use anyways!)

To set your spawn point, sleep in a bed at night time. If you then die, you will re-spawn on that bed (as long as it's still in place)

Soldato
OP
Ohhh gold farm is what I need, I need to be able to see coords and all that to be able to find these useful places I guess?

Sylvet and I built the goldfarm in the Nether - go through my portal and you'll find a ladder going up to the nether ceiling. There's the beginnings of a network at Y110 in the nether. Each 1 block traveled in the Nether = 8 blocks overworld, so the Nether is a good place to link up builds/bases etc. You'll find paths heading off to biomes such as desert, jungle, ice spires etc etc. You'll want to connect to it fairly quickly as it's the only way atm to get to the hostile mob farm out at -165 -13 although you could boat out there I guess lol!

I use Voxelmap as this displays the coords all the time and you can set waypoints - you can see it in my screenies. If you don't want to use it, then F3 will bring up your coords. My base is at +1068 +244, although at the moment it's a hideous mess of chests, machines, villagers and crops lol

Associate
This is the one I want to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1wT-f3W5A

23 stacks leaves (got 5 stacks)
1 stack obsidian (got already)
15 stacks glass (got already)
42 stacks netherbrick
26 stacks carpet
13 stacks packed ice
2 stacks cobblestone wall
4 stacks slime
1 stack observers
2 stacks half slabs
32 redstone torches
32 redstone dust
32 repeaters
32 sticky pistons
16 pistons
64 buttons (for the farm, not for buttoning the area :eek: )
12 droppers
1 lever

I'll put some shulker boxes down either at my place or on the nether ceiling at the bottom of the goldfarm and use those to put in the resources so we can see what we've got. Slimes are going to be the biggest pita I feel. The rest is just grind work.
I found a mansion, out your way actually. Got the map from a Cartographer. The location is -4800 -2100 ish

Laters - Ham

I've not gathered any materials yet but I have built a railway to take us all the way to the fortress, a mere 1200 blocks or so :)
Railway starts at -41, 110, 30, it is part way along the rail to my place just past the mob farm turn off. The fortress end of the railway just needs finalised to create a launcher to take you back up to the 110 level.

Soldato
OP
I've not gathered any materials yet but I have built a railway to take us all the way to the fortress, a mere 1200 blocks or so :)
Railway starts at -41, 110, 30, it is part way along the rail to my place just past the mob farm turn off. The fortress end of the railway just needs finalised to create a launcher to take you back up to the 110 level.

Nice one and gg on the workshop area. I've pretty much got all the materials sorted (the netherbrick was 3 and a half double chests of netherrack smelted down!!) but I'm not sure I've got enough smooth stone. I'm using (slowly) smooth stone to make bricks for my castle, so I'm a little short, so any donations gratefully received! I'm going to start slabbing the fortress area first as the amount of Blazes is nuts! Carpet and leaves do not play well with fire!! Also need a gravity block (sand or gravel) to clear out some lava under the farm, but only ~10 stacks maybe?

Also, great work on the witchfarm - it's looking great!

Not sure why, but Optifine suddenly started playing nicely with Rift - fwiw I'm using Rift 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT from this link here https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/voxelmap I tried the lastest release of Rift but Voxelmap doesn't load with it. It does with the version I linked.

Laters - Ham

Last edited:
Associate
... but I'm not sure I've got enough smooth stone. I'm using (slowly) smooth stone to make bricks for my castle, so I'm a little short, so any donations gratefully received! ... Also need a gravity block (sand or gravel) to clear out some lava under the farm, but only ~10 stacks maybe?

I've deposited a double chest of sand at the workshop area, also a double chest of cobble at your base next to your ender chest.

Soldato
OP
I've deposited a double chest of sand at the workshop area, also a double chest of cobble at your base next to your ender chest.

Excellent - ty for that - hopefully I can get some game time in this week and help do some slabbin and buildin! I'll cook up that cobble to smooth stone and start slabbing the fortress, unless anyone wants to snag some wither skellie kills whilst they still can. I'd hang on and wait til the farm's done personally!

Another thing to note - there's a seriously op and easy dupe glitch that's becoming more mainstream/publicised - just a note to say hax, duping and general cheating aren't allowed here! I'm looking at ways to patch this issue as we speak!!

Have fun and play nice - Ham

Associate
Excellent - ty for that - hopefully I can get some game time in this week and help do some slabbin and buildin! I'll cook up that cobble to smooth stone and start slabbing the fortress, unless anyone wants to snag some wither skellie kills whilst they still can. I'd hang on and wait til the farm's done personally!

Another thing to note - there's a seriously op and easy dupe glitch that's becoming more mainstream/publicised - just a note to say hax, duping and general cheating aren't allowed here! I'm looking at ways to patch this issue as we speak!!

Have fun and play nice - Ham

The wither farm continues, not sure how much of the lava below needs removed though.
WWc6BhA.jpg

Soldato
OP
Is there anyway to change the scale of things not just the UI? On my 32" monitor at 1440p everything is so huge

You can, I think, also change the FOV which may help?

Can I get whitelisted?

LewisRaz

Not sure when I will jump on but I have been feeling the urge to play again and dont want to play alone!

Of course - added. Hope to see you ingame :)

Laters - Ham

Back
Top Bottom