Peugeot have really upped their game!

Soldato
I was not under the impression that this was the case, can you cite your source for this please as it is concerning....(and also flies in the face of every touch screen car, which are common)

It's driving without due care and attention. Your having to play with the the screen rather watch the road...

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
So not the same as using your phone then, or anything to do with it being a touch screen/gadget.

Soldato
OP
Indeed. And the 1.2 130 PSA engine seems to punch above it's weight somehow. It's won Engine of the Year a number of times now.

I thought it was good. Leaning more towards the 1.6 diesel though, I know, I know.......and even for short journeys as well. The technology used, with a good run once a week and maybe the odd DPF cleaner will be plenty good enough.

All the reviews say the diesel is the better choice, even though the petrol is also good.

That, and there isn't a 2018 petrol auto GT available for the price I want to pay. The one I'm looking at is the only one I can find for the money.

Soldato
Soldato
I think it was an Autogefuehl review that said about the wheel being in front of the dials on a 3008 so it might be something worth checking to see if it affects you depending on how you have the wheel adjusted.

Soldato
Do you work for Renault?

Those photos have been taken by reclining the drivers seat to the point of touching the rear seat, and far lower than the driver actually sits.

They've started making their steering wheels smaller, so you look over them, not through them - which in reality does not obscure the dials at all.

This was the same experience I had when driving them. And I definitely do not have a seat reclined although I usually have the seat at it’s lowest point.

Soldato
I think it was an Autogefuehl review that said about the wheel being in front of the dials on a 3008 so it might be something worth checking to see if it affects you depending on how you have the wheel adjusted.
What is he used to driving - a bus? Because there's absolutely no way he could drive with the steering wheel any lower.

Looks like someone going out of their way to try to find fault with something.

Soldato
I picked up a 66 plate 308 GTi in May 2018 to replace my Focus ST MK3. Even got it in the marmite red/black coupe franche :D

It was in budget and ticked a load of requirement boxes.

Can't say I've had any issue with it so far. Interior and build quality much better than the car it replaced.

The 1.6 engine is a peach. Economical when you want it to be (commute has gone from 30 to 42 MPG) but punchy and rapid when you need to get a move on.

I had my reservations going French but the ownership experience has been good so far.

Soldato
OP
I picked up a 66 plate 308 GTi in May 2018 to replace my Focus ST MK3. Even got it in the marmite red/black coupe franche :D

It was in budget and ticked a load of requirement boxes.

Can't say I've had any issue with it so far. Interior and build quality much better than the car it replaced.

The 1.6 engine is a peach. Economical when you want it to be (commute has gone from 30 to 42 MPG) but punchy and rapid when you need to get a move on.

I had my reservations going French but the ownership experience has been good so far.

You haven't started putting hair gel in have you, or wearing a string of onions around your neck?

Soldato
This is the motors section, not GD. Stick to the topic please.

Congratulations on knowing we're in Motors, it is highlighted at the top and bottom of each page ;)

What is that has put you off the German alternatives as you said you've come from them? You undoubtedly get a newer car and more tech with the Peugeot and for a better price, but is it worth the risk?

All this Peugeot 'zomg gonna fall apart and electrics gonna die', might be true, but might not be. Even some of the German options aren't that great anymore, we certainly were not that impessed with the slightly used Q5s we saw recently, or the quality of the F-Pace interior.

Have you tried the latest Kia Sportage, they might not be wuite as funky as the Peugeot, but it seemed like a solid car?

Soldato
OP
Congratulations on knowing we're in Motors, it is highlighted at the top and bottom of each page ;)

What is that has put you off the German alternatives as you said you've come from them? You undoubtedly get a newer car and more tech with the Peugeot and for a better price, but is it worth the risk?

All this Peugeot 'zomg gonna fall apart and electrics gonna die', might be true, but might not be. Even some of the German options aren't that great anymore, we certainly were not that impessed with the slightly used Q5s we saw recently, or the quality of the F-Pace interior.

Have you tried the latest Kia Sportage, they might not be wuite as funky as the Peugeot, but it seemed like a solid car?

The Peugeot seemed a bit nippier :p

Back
Top Bottom