Tree fell on me whilst driving. Think my Clio is for the scrap heap. (with footage)

Caporegime
A tree landed on your car and you are making out it’s the end of the world.

Sure you got hit but it could be much worse than a crappy clio being written off.

I would be feeling very grateful I could still post about it !

Soldato
OP
A tree landed on your car and you are making out it’s the end of the world.

Sure you got hit but it could be much worse than a crappy clio being written off.

I would be feeling very grateful I could still post about it !

In a bad mood Si?

No, I'm not making out it's the end of the world and I'm not sure why you've come to that opinion. In fact over the period of time since the incident I've been my normal self. Going about my daily duties, interacting with people in a courteous manner, not being rude to people I've never met from behind a keyboard....

Of course it could have been worse but the feeling of being grateful for not being injured wore off after a day or two. Then I was left with the reality of financial loss and logistic inconvenience. That's why I posted that I don't feel lucky.

As for your opinion of my Clio being crappy, I thought you were better than that. Over the years from Rover forums and onward I have seen condescending and rude posts from you but usually reserved for those that had exhibited blatant stupidity.

I bought that car new and had put 86k on in the last 35 months. It had served me well. It's left me putting miles on my S5 and Q7, both of which I'd rather were kept for other duties and aren't exactly economical.

Caporegime
I’m getting old and intolerant and never have time to write anything long.

However it must be karma today as a small branch landed on my bonnet today and dented it :(

Soldato
OP
Lucky it wasn't a bigger branch? Lucky it was in the Evoque and not the S or M? (I'm presuming you have less passion for that than the other two)

As I mentioned earlier, a matter of perspective.

I for one, feel sorry for your misfortune.

Back
Top Bottom