Apex Legends BR

Soldato
Sounds good in theory. In practice, occasionally he/his friends will suffer disconnects and a random will be placed in his squad instead. At that point, he becomes exposed to possible voice/text abuse from that player. Also, if only one friend is available to play with him the same is true. There is no way to prevent this at the moment.

Oh, I see. Well, those are certainly things I'll have to consider. Cheers.

Soldato
Sounds good in theory. In practice, occasionally he/his friends will suffer disconnects and a random will be placed in his squad instead. At that point, he becomes exposed to possible voice/text abuse from that player. Also, if only one friend is available to play with him the same is true. There is no way to prevent this at the moment.

Set the squad to invite then no one can join that you dont invite

on the lobby screen click the friends icon at the bottom, in there on the left in a private/invite option.

ghHtjwA.jpg

Caporegime
I do think some of the ultimates that I've tried need a bit of tweaking. Bangalore's Ultimate is too easily avoided and doesn't do great damage for example.

Associate
In which case you'll be left with 1 in the clip and will inevitably be traded by another player in the other team (if they're not bots of course). It's sole purpose is to kill at close quarters, which it does effectively. Let's be honest it's not exactly hard to counter either - stay at distance and strafe. It's also worth mentioning that both the EVA-8 and Peacekeeper have higher DPS, so viable if not better alternatives are available.

I guess dropping the purple mag to 10 would help to an extent to stop players spamming it via hip fire.

Your only considering the base gun if your talking early game when your likely to be running it then your killing people with 2 or 3 hits as the majority will have base armour or nothing. Shotguns need their full spread to hit to achieve that DPS so at least the damage is still some what reduced with range. For the wingman you have to go past 40 meters before it looses it's headshot damage and I'd say most fights are within this.

I'm not saying the wingman needs to go it just needs a slight tweak to bring it down a bit.

Soldato
I do think some of the ultimates that I've tried need a bit of tweaking. Bangalore's Ultimate is too easily avoided and doesn't do great damage for example.

Is that the air strike?

I think it works okay, forces teams out of cover in sticky firefights, and stuns anyone hit by it too. Bloody annoying when trying to flee lol.

Associate
Is that the air strike?

I think it works okay, forces teams out of cover in sticky firefights, and stuns anyone hit by it too. Bloody annoying when trying to flee lol.

Gibraltars' version of the ult is much better, I tend to actually get hits/knocks when I use it by comparison.

Caporegime
I won't use it, but 5 free loot crates is good.

I'm struggling a bit though -

Do I have to use the same email address to sign up with Twitch that I use for my EA account?

Or

Is it just the amazon account email address that has to be the same as the EA account?

Associate
I won't use it, but 5 free loot crates is good.

I'm struggling a bit though -

Do I have to use the same email address to sign up with Twitch that I use for my EA account?

Or

Is it just the amazon account email address that has to be the same as the EA account?

Neither, you can have all 3 accounts on different emails if you so desire. The chain is Amazon account -> Twitch account -> EA account. As long as your Amazon account has prime you get twitch prime on the twitch account you link, and as long as you link that Twitch account to your EA account you get the bonus.

Associate
I'm enjoying this now, but I'm not looking forward to the continual stream of new Legends to unlock if you want to have any chance at winning games.

The current roster are so well balanced with no real differences in power levels, and abilities focused on utility rather than killing power, that I think they'll struggle to get away with the usual strategy. A game like Overwatch launched with a big differentiation of power levels between several characters and always maintained that, but If the characters are released infrequently as 3 months in Apex, having just a sole character who stands out will be too brazen to get away with. Hopefully, anyways! It's EA afterall :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any reason to think that is likely? Monetisation pressure? The current roster are very well balanced with no real differences in power levels, and abilities focused on utility rather than killing power hopefully they can continue it..

Agreed... this game isn't about abilities/ultimates... the cynic in me thinks EA will find some way to ruin things still but at the same time it seems like if they were going to do that they'd have done it already. I don't know how Respawn managed to keep them at arms length - maybe they convinced EA to let them maintain a lot of control in return for having zero marketing budget and by agreeing to at least have lootboxes/microtransactions be present... It'd be incredible if some sort of red tape is now stopping EA from meddling (despite how much they might want to now that the game has been such an unexpected hit) and they have to sit back and watch it (hopefully) still make plenty of cash... perhaps it'll teach them a lesson? (okay that's probably going too far, but a man can dream)

Man of Honour
It sure is, you just have to link your Amazon account with Prime to your Twitch account and you get Twitch Prime.

and you get a free Twitch subscription to subscribe to your favourite twitch streamer to reward them for their hard work :D

Plus of course, you get free games every month

Associate
Agreed... this game isn't about abilities/ultimates... the cynic in me thinks EA will find some way to ruin things still but at the same time it seems like if they were going to do that they'd have done it already. I don't know how Respawn managed to keep them at arms length - maybe they convinced EA to let them maintain a lot of control in return for having zero marketing budget and by agreeing to at least have lootboxes/microtransactions be present... It'd be incredible if some sort of red tape is now stopping EA from meddling (despite how much they might want to now that the game has been such an unexpected hit) and they have to sit back and watch it (hopefully) still make plenty of cash... perhaps it'll teach them a lesson? (okay that's probably going too far, but a man can dream)

Yeah interesting to think about. I'm guessing Apex went into development when Overwatch was released, based on the identical lootbox model and menu systems. But since then with Fortnite establishing a new way of doing things that's much more reasonable to the players, maybe there's been a shift in mindset. If there isn't some kind of agreement involved that officially keeps EA from meddling, hopefully at least Respawn are now considered the goose that laid the golden egg so EA will stay hands off. But with Anthem looking like it's not going to launch well and will take many updates to get established, can just imagine some bigwigs at EA struggling not to put their grubby paws into the pot.

The cost of the Battle Pass will be a good indication of the future I guess.

Permabanned
Yeah interesting to think about. I'm guessing Apex went into development when Overwatch was released, based on the identical lootbox model and menu systems. But since then with Fortnite establishing a new way of doing things that's much more reasonable to the players, maybe there's been a shift in mindset. If there isn't some kind of agreement involved that officially keeps EA from meddling, hopefully at least Respawn are now considered the goose that laid the golden egg so EA will stay hands off. But with Anthem looking like it's not going to launch well and will take many updates to get established, can just imagine some bigwigs at EA struggling not to put their grubby paws into the pot.

The cost of the Battle Pass will be a good indication of the future I guess.

heh, even though I got Anthem "free" with Origin Premier I have not loaded it up once, Apex is too good.

Associate
Got some wins today with randomers. My turn to do the carrying surprisingly enough.

Randomers screaming down the mic at me because im not within 2 pixels of them is extremely annoying. We arent joined at the hip. If we all loot the same building we will have nothing. Mind boggles.

Back
Top Bottom