DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Soldato
I didn't order myself, not sure if I regret that choice yet, but am not convinced on TN and am pretty sure I want larger than 27"

Enjoy your new screens, though :D

No point in buying if you are not comfortable. I could have lived making an error as long as it was just ok for gaming and faster. Could use my I.P.S. for everything else sell the t.n. on later take a hit.

Fortunately was not a mistake, got what I wanted £200 under budget. Not factored in selling the I.P.S., which I can now do as the panel is far better than I expected.

Second hand price of my I.P.S is far more than I thought, mine is mint and the panel has no flaws. Even at a worst case fire- sale price going to be a very cheap upgrade. If I get a fair but reasonable market price, going to be ridiculously cheap.

Last edited:
Soldato
All setup, picture was a tad greenish for my taste but once I adjusted the custom colour settings to my taste all is good. Sure it isn't quite as vivid as the IPS, however it is entirely fine for my needs but it is nice to have a full height display again instead of my old ultra wide one. Next I have to look at replacing my elderly gfx card..

Soldato
All setup, picture was a tad greenish for my taste but once I adjusted the custom colour settings to my taste all is good. Sure it isn't quite as vivid as the IPS, however it is entirely fine for my needs but it is nice to have a full height display again instead of my old ultra wide one. Next I have to look at replacing my elderly gfx card..

Does not look good out of the box.

No its not as vivid, give it a few days its surprising.

What monitor is your IPS?

U2715H Not that old. I thought it would be worth around half its current value, which I calculated from the cheapest you can get it new now from a reputable site.

Does not seem to be the way other people selling make the calculation.

know what I would be happy paying for it, which was slightly more than I thought I could get. Fortunately I greatly underestimated human greed, so the price I am comfortable with looks very reasonable. Long as someone nearby needs a monitor for some serious amateur photo editing should be fine.

Soldato
To be honest a IPS screen was wasted on me, my desktop is a work tool, but occasionally games. Mainly used though for remoting into my workplaces, internet browsing, emailing and word documents..

Soldato
To be honest a IPS screen was wasted on me, my desktop is a work tool, but occasionally games. Mainly used though for remoting into my workplaces, internet browsing, emailing and word documents..

For me photo editing but I can do that on my laptop, it has a reasonable I.P.S screen for what I need. Games, I prefer the t.n. and for the most part actually prefer the way it looks in- game.

On thing I had not accounted for was working. Read lots of P.D.F's, the I.P.S gives a slightly more pleasing feel to text, but the lack of glow, my eyeballs like. Glow of I.P.S never noticed the effect until its gone.

Lose something gain something else.

Bitch with monitors you can't calculate in advance if the gain will outweigh the loss until you use it.

Soldato
I got this screen today for £300 ! bargain with the code. Can someone recommend good test to check for dead pixels and for BLB ?
Also how do I set this up to work with my gtx 1070 of freesync ?

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
Soldato
I got this screen today for £300 ! bargain with the code. Can someone recommend good test to check for dead pixels and for BLB ?
Also how do I set this up to work with my gtx 1070 of freesync ?

Simple test for BLB. Think some folks got a very small amount. Mine looks like the monitor is turned off in a full black screen.It should be really low to virtualy non-existent.

Soldato
Wondering if your monitor is cheating and turning down the backlight when you are feeding it a totally black image.

Try displaying the test image that rtings use here https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tests/picture-quality/black-uniformity

Download the image and zoom in on it :) It's too small to fill all 2560x1440 of your pixels as standard!

I don't think its turning off. Image is uniformly black. Got some light shining from a window directly on to the monitor, some very slight haze but I think that's down to the light, at night it looks very black.

When I first got the monitor and turned it on I thought it was going to be an instant return. Looked terrible. Fired up shadow of the Tomb raider just to confirm it was going to be a horrible washed out grey mess before packing it up and sending it back and got confronted with the very black load screens and cut scenes.
It was not what I expected to say the least.

I had to start the game a couple of times to check I had not gone mad. T.N is inferior to I.P.S in terms of image quality as everyone knows;).

Did not expect the T.N to be superior in any way to my I.P.S. other than with its response.

Decided in advance the t.n. was going to look bad in comparison, my eyes open for any flaw, anything it did well seemed seriously wrong, a trick of the light or something.

' I better run that again it must have been my imagination, that can't be right.' Was my constant thought for the first three days.

Soldato
Ok set up the Freesync as per the reddit guide it shows g-sync on in game it looks spectacular, bit bright to my eyes, any settings I should change ?
Also almost no BLB and I cannot see any dead pixels, this was bargain of the year

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
i didn't bother with the overclock and just left everything else as is. i only changed brightness really.

Back
Top Bottom