DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Associate
@efish. Your post is spot on. I couldn't have said that better myself.

My unit is so good that I have a mainly black wallpaper which is not always ideal on a TN so I am really happy with my the quality of this monitor.:)

Soldato
On the basis of this thread, thanks guys very informative, I have just placed an order for the Dell to replace my other Dell U2913WM, and it is arriving tomorrow. I am thinking of a new video card to replace my aging HD7900 so any recommendations in the £300-400 price range? I am thinking of this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ress-graphics-card-stand-alone-gx-18v-pc.html in my Asus Rampage IV Formula.
Will these all be ok?

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
On the basis of this thread, thanks guys very informative, I have just placed an order for the Dell to replace my other Dell U2913WM, and it is arriving tomorrow. I am thinking of a new video card to replace my aging HD7900 so any recommendations in the £300-400 price range? I am thinking of this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ress-graphics-card-stand-alone-gx-18v-pc.html in my Asus Rampage IV Formula.
Will these all be ok?

this one would be better bud.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £409.85 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Soldato
Thanks, the Sapphire has better clock and speed, I see that. Didn't think they'd make much of a difference in the real world but happy to accept any recommendation...

Soldato
Will these all be ok?

Can't recommend a card, no idea what free sync is like. Adaptive sync works flawlessly on a 1080ti, I would compare and see what the best bang for bucks is.

I switched from the Dell U2715H, don't panic when you turn it on, my first impression was very poor, particularly setting up in dual monitor mode.
Took me a few days to adjust, three days in the monitor really started to shine.

RTS game preset is helpful at least in regard to the U2715H, it's not the same but is comparable to the gaming preset, made it easier to get use too. I also found the image to be over- sharp and really unpleasant, sharpness setting down to zero, turned it back up later and now find the sharpness and clarity one of the more pleasing features.

Adjust time for me from I.P.S took about a week, 3 days I knew I was going to keep it, day four and five started to note this monitors most significant issue, sleep deprivation:eek:.
Inability to turn games off and go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Turn the computer off, five minutes latter its back on again, just half an hour more;).

Soldato
Can't recommend a card, no idea what free sync is like. Adaptive sync works flawlessly on a 1080ti, I would compare and see what the best bang for bucks is.

I switched from the Dell U2715H, don't panic when you turn it on, my first impression was very poor, particularly setting up in dual monitor mode.
Took me a few days to adjust, three days in the monitor really started to shine.

RTS game preset is helpful at least in regard to the U2715H, it's not the same but is comparable to the gaming preset, made it easier to get use too. I also found the image to be over- sharp and really unpleasant, sharpness setting down to zero, turned it back up later and now find the sharpness and clarity one of the more pleasing features.

Adjust time for me from I.P.S took about a week, 3 days I knew I was going to keep it, day four and five started to note this monitors most significant issue, sleep deprivation:eek:.
Inability to turn games off and go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Turn the computer off, five minutes latter its back on again, just half an hour more;).
I hope for a similar experience. I have always had AMD cards since a poor experience with NV, and the monitor natively supports freesync. However would the 1080 really compete with the video card I have been looking at? I can only see the geforce for a lot more..

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
Sounds good, the HD7900 was loud when playing games, but in normal desktop usage I hardly heard it at all...

i own a reference blower 64 like the powercolor which is ok but for an extra 20 quid its worth just getting the better card. you could also go the nvidia route too like said above which gives you more options.

Associate
Not really needing to spend more money on extra cooling or the extra horsepower, plus hasn't the 1080 been superceeded by the 2080 anyway?
I wouldn't buy a reference Vega 64, only custom but if it were my money I would buy the 56 on offer right now.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ess-graphics-card-11276-02-40g-gx-38f-sp.html

I had an Asus Vega 56 before and it was fantastic.

The 1080 has been replaced with a 2080 and the 2070 is a little faster than the 1080.

Soldato
I hope for a similar experience. I have always had AMD cards since a poor experience with NV, and the monitor natively supports freesync. However would the 1080 really compete with the video card I have been looking at? I can only see the geforce for a lot more..

No idea about the A.M.D cards not used one for a while. As close as possible to 1080 performance level (wither A.M.D or NVIDIA) is what I would want to pair with the monitor in an ideal world.

If the price is right.

Associate
!!
It does seem as though people are getting them a lot quicker than the estimated date. For example, someone who ordered one yesterday is expecting his tomorrow. No idea why they are showing the estimated shipping date so far when they are actually fulfilling them promptly.

Back
Top Bottom