• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Lev

Lev

Associate
I was able to snatch a gigabyte card in the US, but it won't be in stock until March 1st.

Anybody here have any issues with their Gigabyte cards, also can you peel the stupid stickers off the fans?

Associate
I have updated the bios to V106 the bios revision 016.004.000.038.011717 date says in wattman 2019/02/11 not sure if wattman displays the correct date or not. GPUZ also not working fully but does display the latest bios revision number.

Supposed fix of Relive and people reporting better overclocks. some say unlocked compute performance although nothing concrete that I have seen or read.

But a new bios from AMD obviously correcting or enhancing the VII card.

Soldato
Fortunately yes, I've never done a gpu bios update before so I checked how it affects the warranty before doing it & was told that as long as we install the official AMD .exe version from AMD's website we're covered.
You could have just used your on board igpu and flashed it back to the original bios, or borrow a second gpu in your second pciex slot and do the same

Man of Honour
If my card does everything, overclocks well, undervolts well, plays all my games and doesn't annoy me should I update...

Also should I plug in a vega and see what happens in mgpu running them both, has anybody tested that in dx12 stuff yet?

Sod it im sticking my vega in as well to see what happens.

Associate
If my card does everything, overclocks well, undervolts well, plays all my games and doesn't annoy me should I update...

Also should I plug in a vega and see what happens in mgpu running them both, has anybody tested that in dx12 stuff yet?

Sod it im sticking my vega in as well to see what happens.

I would update it fella, AMD must be updating them for a reason, possibly better compute and increased overclocking by what some have said. you can always flash back if you don't like it.

Lev

Lev

Associate
Anybody here come from an AIB (Sapphire Nitro or Powercolor Red Devil) 64 that was tuned (OC/UV) to a RVII? Curious to know your thoughts on the upgrade if so.

Man of Honour
Anybody here come from an AIB (Sapphire Nitro or Powercolor Red Devil) 64 that was tuned (OC/UV) to a RVII? Curious to know your thoughts on the upgrade if so.

Came from V56, running a 64 bios at 1650/1100. Is a big upgrade at 4k which is really what I was looking for :)

Associate
Thanks for that I can now run the same settings at 2000mhz core that I was running at 1900mhz

AMD have given good support so far for the new VII lets hope it continues. just shows they are working hard to improve it.

Updated new bios, for now I can say the temps are much better. Using same OC as before.

Going to play around to see if I can better clocks with same voltage..

I have also noticed better temps and lower MV used for the same over clock. its all looking good for the VII cards.

Back
Top Bottom