*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
Confession - I've played every GTA game since III and I've never yet completed one. I've bought V twice and still I couldn't manage to complete it. I just get so bored! I am not buying it again on the Switch.

I'm the opposite where GTA is the only game I have actually completed bar Destiny 1 and one of the god of wars and a handful of others like crackdown 1.

I don't play single player games much and strictly multiplayer only but I make the exception for rockstar and a handful of other games.

Soldato
Confession - I've played every GTA game since III and I've never yet completed one. I've bought V twice and still I couldn't manage to complete it. I just get so bored! I am not buying it again on the Switch.

Know what you mean.

GTAV had a fantastic world to explore and still looks great, but the story was a total load of rubbish with some of the most annoying characters I've seen in any game, ever.

If Rockstar are going to bring a GTA to Switch I'd rather they ported Vice City.

Soldato
On the hunt for a platformer and had a Wii U so played a few of them.

I have Yoshi on preorder but at £40 it's a bit of a steep spend for me. I've heard nothing but good things about Hollow Knight so might save myself £30 and just go for that.

Is there a lot of hours in it? I'm guessing buying now and not playing before, all the free DLC is bundled so there is even more content

Associate
Surely if it's an OS problem they should fix it for free as it's their fauly:(

After a few calls to clarify exactly what they are charging me for, they confirmed they will be changing the mainboard. Looks like Operating System issue is some generic drivel the tech team selected from a drop down box...

I'm giving Nintendo support some feedback. If you are going to charge me for a repair I really want to know what I'm paying for...

In any case if they fix the dock crash issue, £53 seemed OK as it gives me another year extended warranty on top.

Soldato
Is there a lot of hours in it? I'm guessing buying now and not playing before, all the free DLC is bundled so there is even more content

RE: Hollow Knight:

I'm at 75 hours and I got to the first ending. I never went back to try the DLC nor to try for the other endings. It is absolutely amazing value and a total steal at the eShop price. It's up there with the best Metroidvanias ever. It's frustrating at times and can be quite hard but if I can get there then anyone can. One boss took me a week to beat (I had to have a break to get my strategy sorted before I went back to try again) - what a feeling that was! Incredible game.

Associate
On the hunt for a platformer and had a Wii U so played a few of them.

I have Yoshi on preorder but at £40 it's a bit of a steep spend for me. I've heard nothing but good things about Hollow Knight so might save myself £30 and just go for that.

There is a lot of content with Hollow Knight it'll certainly keep you busy if you go for the true ending. It's one of the best content to value propositions on the Switch, but like any game it's not for everyone as it can get quite difficult at times.

fez

fez

Caporegime
RE: Hollow Knight:

I'm at 75 hours and I got to the first ending. I never went back to try the DLC nor to try for the other endings. It is absolutely amazing value and a total steal at the eShop price. It's up there with the best Metroidvanias ever. It's frustrating at times and can be quite hard but if I can get there then anyone can. One boss took me a week to beat (I had to have a break to get my strategy sorted before I went back to try again) - what a feeling that was! Incredible game.

Watcher knights?

Soldato
Maybe I was expecting too much but i'm a little disappointed. Looks too similar to the 3DS games and the region layout suggests it'll be a very straightforward adventure. I'll probably buy it anyway but Pokemon Moon was the first game in the series I couldn't be bothered to finish, hopefully this game won't include Pokemon SOS at the very least.

Caporegime
I got the impression that graphically its using a similar if not the same engine as Lets Go but a bit more in depth?

I haven't paid attention to any of the other Pokemon games in years so I had no expectations otherwise.

Will probably buy it :p

Associate
Predicting November release date like lets go and most previous Pokemon game release, they seem to be running out of ideas in naming their games if they are now using sword&shield lol.

Back
Top Bottom