Poll: Poll Borderlands 3 Epic Games Store or wait 6 months for Steam?

Will you be buying Borderlands 3 on release from Epic Games Store or waiting 6 months for release on

• I’ll be buying on release from Epic Games Store

Votes: 55 24.6%
  • I’ll be waiting 6 months and buying from Steam

Votes: 119 53.1%
  • I won’t be buying BL3 at all

Votes: 50 22.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Will you be buying Borderlands 3 on release from Epic Games Store or waiting 6 months for release on Steam?

Q1, I’ll be buying on release from Epic Games Store

Q2, I’ll be waiting 6 months and buying from Steam

Soldato
Steam. I can’t be bothered with another launcher plus Epic doesn’t have a Big Screen equivalent. And when’s it on Steam six months later, it’ll be cheaper.

Soldato
Has storage space suddenly rocketed in price only this extra launcher business makes no sense. It's worrying to think people show genuine concern over it and makes you wonder how they cope in everyday life :D

Soldato
Has storage space suddenly rocketed in price only this extra launcher business makes no sense. It's worrying to think people show genuine concern over it and makes you wonder how they cope in everyday life :D

The issue is not disk space but the alleged misbehaviour of the Epic client.

Caporegime
OP
Thats a good list, although there is virtually nothing on that steam list that I actually use, so I dont really care that steam has them as its about as relevant as me worrying whether or not my tv subcription includes the Horse and Country channel :)

Good for you...

I’m going to wait for Steam...the cloud save feature for me is where it’s at...

Soldato
I could not care less about Borderlands (yes I am using the phrase correctly), but I will happily wait for much better and cheaper versions of Control, Outer Worlds and Sinking City when they come to Steam.

Epic can go eat a drick for as long as they keep bribing third party devs for exclusivity.

Man of Honour
I can do a reinstall of my OS on my main without backing up my saves and have used it many times....I can also continue gaming on my laptop when mobile....without fuss..It is 2019 after all

Which is perfect for you, can see why its a big factor for you. I havent reinstalled my OS in years and dont plan to for years, when I eventually do it wont be a big deal for me to backup maybe a dozen (max) saved games. I dont have a gaming laptop and so I only ever game on my home PC, so not an issue for me in that regard either. Everyone is different and has different requirements for their gaming of course and I'm sure that for some the steam features are a big bonus, I'm just one of those people for whom the steam features are meaningless.

Caporegime
OP
Which is perfect for you, can see why its a big factor for you. I havent reinstalled my OS in years and dont plan to for years, when I eventually do it wont be a big deal for me to backup maybe a dozen (max) saved games. I dont have a gaming laptop and so I only ever game on my home PC, so not an issue for me in that regard either. Everyone is different and has different requirements for their gaming of course and I'm sure that for some the steam features are a big bonus, I'm just one of those people for whom the steam features are meaningless.

I also find Game platform release exclusivity repugnant..Its boring....I just want to launch steam pay with paypal and not have to faff setting up new accounts....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Epic has worse security and privacy than Steam and has a policy of exclusives. I don't want to promote the idea of dividing PC gaming. So I won't buy from them. Waiting 6 months is no big deal since I hardly ever buy games at release any more. Not since it became the norm to release a beta version as the release version, with bugs and incomplete. With rare exceptions I wait ~6 months anyway.

Soldato
Missing an option on that poll:

Buying on Steam at some point after release.

Honestly all my hype is gone and the more I see people complaining about it and Randy acting like a victim in the whole situation and straight up ignoring/insulting people on Twitter puts me off even more!

Back
Top Bottom