Poll: Poll Borderlands 3 Epic Games Store or wait 6 months for Steam?

Will you be buying Borderlands 3 on release from Epic Games Store or waiting 6 months for release on

• I’ll be buying on release from Epic Games Store

Votes: 55 24.6%
  • I’ll be waiting 6 months and buying from Steam

Votes: 119 53.1%
  • I won’t be buying BL3 at all

Votes: 50 22.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
An I’m too tight..lol I never pay full price for games...I’m not paying £50...it’s just not going to happen.

Must admit that I too very rarely pay £50. I generally always get a key from cdkeys or kinguin instead, I think the only real exceptions to that are Uplay titles, paid full for Assasins Creed Origins, Odyssey and Division 2 off there (well full minus the 20% uplay discount) , I'll pick up BL3 from cdkeys too instead of paying 50

Soldato
Won't be answering the poll unless a third option will be added for i will be boycotting the launch as i disagree with supporting any company who facilitate the damaging behavior that epic is doing now on a regular occasion.

As small snip of an email i wrote to gearbox:

I would like to note that if the game does launch as an epic exclusive for 6 months, come steam launch time i still won't be purchasing it as i can not support morally or financially any company that actively facilitates what EPIC is doing.

If people are happy to wait 6 months and buy it then all it proves is developers can get the same amount of sales spread over a longer period of time with no reason not too. If people who won't buy it on EPIC also don't buy it at all then game companies will soon cotton on to the fact that what they are doing is messed up and more importantly in their eyes they are losing money despite the better % offered for EPIC. I don't support EPIC, STEAM, Origin, UPLAY or any other launchers having a monopoly over the launch industry. However the way EPIC are trying to do it is outrageous and only damaging for us in the long run especially with so many fundamentally major negative elements that make up EPIC.

Caporegime
OP
Must admit that I too very rarely pay £50. I generally always get a key from cdkeys or kinguin instead, I think the only real exceptions to that are Uplay titles, paid full for Assasins Creed Origins, Odyssey and Division 2 off there (well full minus the 20% uplay discount) , I'll pick up BL3 from cdkeys too instead of paying 50

Epic doesn’t support third party keys...

Caporegime
OP
Won't be answering the poll unless a third option will be added for i will be boycotting the launch as i disagree with supporting any company who facilitate the damaging behavior that epic is doing now on a regular occasion.

As small snip of an email i wrote to gearbox:

If people are happy to wait 6 months and buy it then all it proves is developers can get the same amount of sales spread over a longer period of time with no reason not too. If people who won't buy it on EPIC also don't buy it at all then game companies will soon cotton on to the fact that what they are doing is messed up and more importantly in their eyes they are losing money despite the better % offered for EPIC. I don't support EPIC, STEAM, Origin, UPLAY or any other launchers having a monopoly over the launch industry. However the way EPIC are trying to do it is outrageous and only damaging for us in the long run especially with so many fundamentally major negative elements that make up EPIC.

3rd choice added :)

Man of Honour
Caporegime
OP
Man of Honour
I read they won’t work and refunds given.

Well, I can only go by experience, my Metro Exodus one worked fine and I've heard nothing from Cdkeys yet to make me think that my Borderlands 3 one wont work too (or indeed any of the other Epic store titles cdkeys sells)

Man of Honour
Might be fake news :p

Could be, seems theres a lot of fake news around , especially in connection to the epic store :p

Mind you, having said that, even if cdkeys refunded it, I'd just buy it from Epic instead. The £18 difference isnt really going to break the bank, its 1 less Dominos for 1 month :D

Man of Honour
I won’t be installing it...I hate origin aswell and never use uplay...

I'll be installing it.

I have origin for Apex Legends mainly at the moment, but I do also sometimes dip into Battlefront 2 or one of the other Battlefield titles. Uplay I use for Assasins Creed Origins, Assassins Creed Odyssey , Division 1 and Division 2.

Soldato
Thats odd then, because I got Metro Exodus from cdkeys for Epic already and have been playing that and many others in the BL3 thread have already picked it up for 32.99 from here
CDKeys get their keys by buying retail box copies in bulk from local distributor, ripping off the serial keys from them (which are for epic) and throwing away the boxes into garbage. They do not get any digital keys officially from Epic or Deep Silver.

Man of Honour
CDKeys get their keys by buying retail box copies in bulk from local distributor, ripping off the serial keys from them (which are for epic) and throwing away the boxes into garbage. They do not get any digital keys officially from Epic or Deep Silver.

Sounds ok then, that sounds like the 32.99 Borderlands cdkeys is the way to go for the cheapest option then.

Soldato
I will be waiting till I know what all the content is because I don't trust them after the BL2 nonsense of content outside of season pass.

Once I know that I will buy where ever the best offer is (so long as cross platform MP)

Soldato
I also find Game platform release exclusivity repugnant..Its boring....I just want to launch steam pay with paypal and not have to faff setting up new accounts....

Cool can you tell me how I can buy HL2 without being locked to steam if games are not exclusive to the steam platform?
Thanks
;)

Back
Top Bottom