***The Official Guitar Thread***

Associate
Morning all, I'm thinking about getting a new guitar. I currently have a ESP Ltd EC50, looking at an Epiphone LP custom pro or LP Standard Plustop pro. Does anyone have any opinion ? I believe they're very similar. Or is there anything else I should be looking at <£500

Caporegime
Morning all, I'm thinking about getting a new guitar. I currently have a ESP Ltd EC50, looking at an Epiphone LP custom pro or LP Standard Plustop pro. Does anyone have any opinion ? I believe they're very similar. Or is there anything else I should be looking at <£500

Are you definitely wanting a Les Paul?

Caporegime
I like them, the EC50 is that shape. I can be persuaded on to something else though.

I don't have access to any type of second hand market either, I'm miles away from any city so unfortunately that's out.

Have you tried a Telecaster? What music do you play? If you like the LP and have no way of trying something new then stick with it...Why not save up and get a Gibson LP?

Buy new old stock £722

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Gib...Z6KbJDqGgosao6ySeWDD-0DInEfo6l64aAtX5EALw_wcB

Soldato
No binding, no deal from me :p

I also think it'd look a lot nicer with cream pickup rings + switch doughnut... and I'd lose the pickup covers (always preferred the look of uncovered)

Associate
Still got the pick up covers on, this was one of the Epiphones I was looking at. Though gettying lured by the Gibsons at just over £700.

123587-tmp2471.jpg

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Went for a medical for my new job and swung by the music store where I've got a deposit on a Marshall 1959 hand wired plexi.

The guy's face when he loaded up the order details was great.... :eek:... shame that I've still got to find almost half the cash to pay the balance. Sad times.

Caporegime
Still got the pick up covers on, this was one of the Epiphones I was looking at. Though gettying lured by the Gibsons at just over £700.

123587-tmp2471.jpg

The Gibson is the better guitar...Thats the thing with these Epiphones...They have all the bling but they sound thin...My Gibson LP Zebrawood sound like an acoustic when not plugged in...Better woods, Better resonance, just better...

Soldato
The Gibson is the better guitar...Thats the thing with these Epiphones...They have all the bling but they sound thin...My Gibson LP Zebrawood sound like an acoustic when not plugged in...Better woods, Better resonance, just better...

My Epiphone is a pretty nice sounding/playing guitar but it's a Korean made '89 LP (with "GIBSON" printed on the truss rod cover still) - my understanding is that they are quite a bit nicer from that period but I'm far from an expert! It certainly feels and sounds better than any Epi LPs that I've tried out in stores to compare

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

While I'm still learning the basic songs that JustinGuitar teaches, does anyone have any songs they can recommend for me to look up on UltimateTabs that are beginner friendly?
Almost any AC/DC or Nirvana song.

I'd recommend the former because they're genuinely better songs and give you a good grounding in chords. Stay away from the lead solos until you've mastered the rhythms and you're golden.

Back
Top Bottom