UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Unbelievable result! As with many teams before them, barca just couldn't cope with the occasion and atmosphere of Anfield. Really hope they go onto win it now along with the league (even as a wolves fan)

How's the head this morning @BaZ87 :p

Man of Honour
I was properly grumpy last night that they went through, but...

As much as I detest Liverpool, it would be a travesty if they finished this season without a trophy. It pains me to say but they’ve been incredible and nights like last night aren’t even really a surprise when you think about how good they are.
As long as they don’t win the league, I hope they win the Champions League, they deserve it and Klopp deserves it for the job he’s done.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go and wash my mouth out

Associate
As an Everton fan, hats off to Liverpool. Deserved winners on what has the be classed as one of the greatest comebacks?

I hope Ajax do spurs over tonight. Dont like same country finals, and I think it would be boring game with spurs.

I hope Ajax win overall though, played very well against some massive sides.

Soldato
I'm delighted with the result but the complete glossing over of what Roma did last year is irritating me.

The Roma defeat sowed the seeds of doubt in Barca that massively helped last night. For that reason, Roma is the bigger comeback - there was no precedent for Roma. They overcame the aura of Barca first as underdogs.

Permabanned
I'm delighted with the result but the complete glossing over of what Roma did last year is irritating me.

The Roma defeat sowed the seeds of doubt in Barca that massively helped last night. For that reason, Roma is the bigger comeback - there was no precedent for Roma. They overcame the aura of Barca first as underdogs.

Yes but Roma also had an away goal and only needed 3, Liverpool needed 4. Both are great comebacks. :)

Don

And all that only to be beaten by Liverpool in the semis :p

Don
Was hoping you’d left me moderator privileges in your will
I'm leaving custody of you to Robbo in my will.

Roma's comeback was fantastic but do you honestly believe that after what happened last night, with all the hysteria and emotion that people will be thinking about what Roma done, 12 months ago?

Soldato

Roma had an away goal and also not 2 of their front 3 out injured, whilst what Roma did was good it wasn't as big a deal as what Liverpool did.

I honestly believe that Barca thought we'll just play around a bit and if Liverpool score then we'll just knock in an away goal to snuff that threat out, unfortunately for them Liverpool hadn't agreed to that scenario and once Liverpool got the 2 quick goals they were shell shocked and couldn't recover.

Soldato
Very good performance last night for Liverpool, did not see that happening at all. Last goal was proper cheeky. Think Barca did a PSG vs United, turned up thinking they'd already won. They looked a completely different team from last week. I think Alba hit a Liverpool player with every attempted dribble, pass and cross, shocking from him.

Caporegime
Nights like that are just fantastic for the sport, it's up there as one of the greatest comebacks of all time and eclipses Roma's last season easily, they had an away goal and a full strength side iirc.

It's hilarious that Suarez tripping Robbo actually lead to Gini coming on and scoring 2, he's going to have nightmares for a long time.

Soldato
Roma didn't have precedent; they were the first to topple the giant. Their resources are also significantly less than Liverpool's.

Liverpool did amazingly last night but it is not the greatest comeback of all time.

Back
Top Bottom