UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
So many big moments when spurs players lifted their game
- the lloris save just before we scored the last goal
- Ali finding a way to influence the game
- Eriksen moving around the pitch to influence the game. He was in defence at the end.
- Llorente having an impact
- Rose's passion dragging us out of the doldrums
- Moura's talent coming through despite not playing in his normal position.
- Llamela causing problems having just come back from an injury.

Obviously, they would be missed if we had lost, but we didn't so nerrrrrr

Soldato
They are better without a half fit Kane, which is what they've had for ages.
Spot on.

We work way better with a physical presence up front for son, Ali, eriksen and Moura to play off. Kane can't do that effectively half fit and just ends up taking up space.

Soldato
So do we rest key players on Sunday and lose 1 or 2 nil and take 4th spot, 2 weeks to rest players then the final. Son, Alli, Eriksen, Moura, Winks, Sissoko, Rose, Alderwiereld, Vertoghen, Trippier, Lloris. Bench: Kane, Lamela, Wanyama, Davies, Dier

Don
If they weren't playing us then I honestly would be pleased for Spurs if they won the CL. What they've done as a club and what Poch in particular has built has been tremendous despite all the cheap digs that get thrown their way. They've competed with 5 sides with far greater resources than they have and consistently out performed most of them.

Don
So do we rest key players on Sunday and lose 1 or 2 nil and take 4th spot, 2 weeks to rest players then the final. Son, Alli, Eriksen, Moura, Winks, Sissoko, Rose, Alderwiereld, Vertoghen, Trippier, Lloris. Bench: Kane, Lamela, Wanyama, Davies, Dier
3 weeks and you're playing Everton - they'll be under strict orders from their fans to not tackle any of your players.

Caporegime
I have to begrudgingly admit, Spurs have done some great stuff these last few years, and have certainly outdone us over the last two years or so. Surely, the trophies must be coming soon, it would be such a wasted opportunity if they had nothing to show for these prime years.

Soldato
If they weren't playing us then I honestly would be pleased for Spurs if they won the CL. What they've done as a club and what Poch in particular has built has been tremendous despite all the cheap digs that get thrown their way. They've competed with 5 sides with far greater resources than they have and consistently out performed most of them.
That's very gracious of you to say so. Thank you.

Man of Honour

I agree, both Spurs and Liverpool have done things well (compared to us at least, being wasteful idiots, and City spending masses of oil money like there's no tomorrow).

I'm hoping for a good final with both teams being at full strength, obviously Liverpool have the edge but Spurs can be just as good on their day.

Back
Top Bottom