Rage 2 - Announce trailer

Soldato
Looks like a doom eternal test, looks like the same engine, almost the same gun models and the same ****** dash moves that will prevent me from playing doom unless it can be turned off

Google the engine seems like i am mistaken re the same as doom but looks very similar as id had “creative” direction

Last edited:
Associate
Yep I'm really struggling with this one, sometimes it looks fantastic other times I'm thinking theres something wrong with my eyes when the low rent textures make an appearance. Also wtf is up with the
story telling? You know you're onto a loser when in the first scene the character you're stationed with / partnered with takes a door to the face and no one bats an eyelid except to make a glib remark about stealing the kill.

Associate
Looks like a doom eternal test, looks like the same engine, almost the same gun models and the same ****** dash moves that will prevent me from playing doom unless it can be turned off

Google the engine seems like i am mistaken re the same as doom but looks very similar as id had “creative” direction
Aye, I just googled that, see what you're saying. I can't say I've used dash in this apart from the training, whether it becomes important later I couldn't say but at default level you dash about 1cm it's so p*ss weak. Not my cuppa at all, I'm all for the standard fps moves.

Soldato
Now I understand why there was basically no real visual differentiation between settings. Even on consoles they basically only shipped one version with very minor tweaks across the board, and we got the same damn thing on PC.

Soldato
What is this nonsense with the defibrillation tutorial as it does not seem to matter how I press A and W it is wrong.
What on earth am I missing?

Edit: Figured it out I needed to wait until the white circle went into the red circle.

Last edited:
Associate
What is this nonsense with the defibrillation tutorial as it does not seem to matter how I press A and W it is wrong.

Edit: Figured it out I needed to wait until the white circle went into the red circle.
Had me the same mate, it's pretty stupid to be fair, I'm blaming the ingraining of quick time events in games making us press as fast as possible.

Soldato

The defib is a nightmare, took me a few attempts to get it.

Associate

Haha I done the same, was reacting as fast as could. After 3 attempts of very good reaction speed, I thought it can not be this hard. Googled it, as you say you have to wait like 1.5-2 seconds before hitting the button!

Associate
My god the game is so dark (not in theme but in lighting). I've found that turning SSAO totally off makes it totally bearable. I also jigged the ini file (from memory it's in something like: <user_profile>/mysavedgames/id_software/rage2) to change the gamma from the default 50 to 70. Not sure if the contrast stuff worked but the SSAO can be turned up and down in game and I can see the difference.

Why not put a gamma slider in game settings?

And yes, who thought enter was a good key to use for everything? Jebus. It's on the other side of the keyboard. Do they think we all use arrows keys for movement?

Why press 'e' to climb a ladder?

I'm hoping I can get a silenced gun at some point (I've only unlocked one new gun so far) as I get a boost in damage for unaware enemies so basically it's the first shot only...

So many tiny little niggles on, what seems so far to be, a great little game. My son was playing Mad Max to me and it was odd seeing both of us racing around a post apocalyptic wasteland in cars :)

Performance all round is solid. Gun combat is meaty. Level design is great.

Soldato
Verdict on the game?

Despite the niggles well documented on here :)

It's grown on me because the vistas are great like in Mad Max. Just climb up high and look around. Nice touches in the sand/gravel while moving around. Rocks get dislodged from cliffs and all sorts of nice touches.

The combat can be quite intense on harder levels with tough boss battles. Also the sound is good generally with some nice impact whumps from explosions especially with a sub. The odd glitch here though as well.

Caporegime
I've played Rage 2 most of the weekend as my wife has been ill in bed.

It's good while it lasts, but I'm sure it'll be utterly forgettable when it's over and done with. I think i'm up to about 16 hours played. Still haven't completed it mind you, but i've got all the Ark powers and completed most projects in all 3 (4) tree's

They should have made the story/setting a bit more tongue in cheek IMO, like Borderlands 2.

I recommend playing on 'Nightmare' difficulty mode, unless you are just rushing through the story. Once you unlock a lot of the powers and increase them with 'Nanotrites' you become very over-powered. Especially after you get the Damage and health increase from the doctor in Wellspring.

Back
Top Bottom