• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
If you bought a 2700x for £329 and sell it for £200

Then you put this £200 towards a 3700x at £329

You’ve lost £129 already and need to spend another £129 so the upgrade is costing you £260 that a lot for 15% gain in IPC

Associate
noise is quite a big thing to many. i guess no noise is better than any noise.
Yes its the noise thing for me. It's ok though, I can dust off my 939 northbridge cooler that I bought for my last AMD motherboard ;)

• ZM-NBF47 does not need electrical power
  • because it is a fanless Northbridge cooler that operates without noise or vibration. It cools the chipset to its optimal temperature in absolute silence.

My next build will hopefully only have one 140mm Noctua fan in it. Plus zero-idle fan on the GPU.

You’ve lost £129 already and need to spend another £129 so the upgrade is costing you £260 that a lot for 15% gain in IPC
If you sell and then buy each and every year then you are effectively renting a CPU, with the cost being the difference in sale to purchase price. That isn't representative of what 99% of the market does. Besides which, you'd presumably be doing the same thing with the mobo every other year. That's a pretty inefficient upgrade methodology; you're always paying the day 1 premium, and you only ever get the "end of life" sale price. The only conceivable benefit is in constantly winning the e-peen contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
totally this lol.
#selfpwned

never thought i'd see they day, criticising AMD pricing plan :D

I learnt my lesson with a quad core that suddenly began stuttering in all games.
100% load at any given moment means that if another Windows process or App asks the CPU for its time, you will get a freeze, or severe stuttering, a driver stop responding and other "beauties".

would def recommend Ryzen 6 core for new builds, just couldnt recommend 12 cores currently , going back to thread post , indeed doubling cores - but almost makes you want to hold out for Zen3 if pushing 12 cores with hopefully increased speed

PCIe4? native 3200mhz ram support? 40 pcie lanes? 35mb of cache? and its 15% faster plue we hope a lot better at overclocking

realised PCIe 4.0 and Lanes dont go well together . everyone is stuck with PCIe 3.0 for so long and its limitations, a lot forget that PCIe 4.0 has double the bandwidth , so in theory double pcie 3.0 lanes

I hope nvme 4.0 shows better increases in games, just purely based on the sheer speed of the thing , might help its uptake a little

Permabanned
PS5 is going to clean up. PC is just getting more expensive.

yep cant wait for all the apps on the ps5, adobe, light studio, all the accounting and audio editing stuff.
offices all over the world running just ps5's.

if all you use your PC for is gaming do think thats the sole use for them.
you dont need a £3000 system to game, its people's choice to do that. you can game at 1440 for under £500(with better than console details).

Permabanned

i will assume you have nove dose a silly upgrade? do you want me to look at your posting history?
you have a ryzen 2600, in the last 2 years have you had a CPU with the same or more power?

Caporegime
If you sell and then buy each and every year then you are effectively renting a CPU, with the cost being the difference in sale to purchase price. That isn't representative of what 99% of the market does. Besides which, you'd presumably be doing the same thing with the mobo every other year. That's a pretty inefficient upgrade methodology; you're always paying the day 1 premium, and you only ever get the "end of life" sale price. The only conceivable benefit is in constantly winning the e-peen contest.

Yet most on here will keep their old mobos and sell there 2700x to get that 3700x...so your point ?

Soldato

It's yet to be seen what the upgrade performance will be on older boards. You could argue that Intel give you one upgrade path, a new motherboard

Back
Top Bottom