6 points and a grand fine I had no idea about!

Soldato
Shimla Spice in Shipley was very nice, but thankfully I haven't had to experience Bradford for 2 years (spending 3 nights a week there for 9 months was plenty enough for a lifetime). As such Im not sure if they still do lunch.

Soldato
Something similar happened to my partner, she thought she'd scrapped her car and never sent off the V5. The car was then caught doing various things and unbeknown to her she was disqualified from driving as she moved and never received any of the summons etc. She got it sorted in the end, took about 6 months of dealing with the DVLA. Nothing ever came of the original offences.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Something similar happened to my partner, she thought she'd scrapped her car and never sent off the V5. The car was then caught doing various things and unbeknown to her she was disqualified from driving as she moved and never received any of the summons etc. She got it sorted in the end, took about 6 months of dealing with the DVLA. Nothing ever came of the original offences.

I had similar despite sending back the V5 and receiving confirmation. My written off MKV GTi was being hooned around Bradford. As I was the last registered keeper it still all went to me. I had 6 in total from 3 forces but thankfully all understanding. Did have me worried though when it kept coming through the door

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Sweet, cheers. Akbars like Manchester and Brum chain? Decent, love the tikka rabbit. Recommend any decent sea food style indians?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Time to mission half way up the country for this buzzcocks! Wish me luck!
Also, anyone fancy joining me for a lunch curry afterwards hit me up.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys. Just sitting here next to sadam hussein waiting my turn. I really want to snap a pic but I'm not that brazen! Literally the spitting image, full moustache and all!

Edit: damn, I tried but battery is on 2% so won't let me take a picture!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Fuming! Waiting there all morning then finally the usher comes out and says to me "what's your name again?" ,then goes back in and a few mins later comes out to tell me the case has been withdrawn!! Lame!

Associate
Fuming! Waiting there all morning then finally the usher comes out and says to me "what's your name again?" ,then goes back in and a few mins later comes out to tell me the case has been withdrawn!! Lame!
Can you get costs for this? Seems bizarre to drag you all that way only for them to withdraw. Every time I've been to court (work) you're meant to tell the other side everything. Now when it's a litigant in person your in with generally they don't tell you anything and the judge lets them off as they're "special needs", however, you're up against a public body who know better. Very poor show from them.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I'm gonna take em for 2 grand plus emotional distress.

It was extremely poor show. I was first there, waited through all their delays. After an hour the west Yorkshire police lady representing those charging me came out and asked to speak with me because I was pleading not guilty. That's when I told her about the car sale and that the DVLA registration must not have happened etc. Then she went back inside and that was it.

So I waited and waited and asked the usher how long until I'm seen a number of times "oh not long now". It was only until I was the last person there that the usher went to find out what's going on and then told me it had been withdrawn.

That damn copper didn't have the courtesy to tell me, even though she walked past me about 5 times after she'd spoken to me. Nothing. ****!

So before I left I called the usher back telling her I'd like to proceed with compensation / victim surcharge and they sent me to reception who told me to submit it all in writing with time-lines and wage slips etc. At the moment I definitely will, but who knows if I'll bother once I've cooled off.

On a side note, any news of a knife incident at Bradford courts is a minor it was just me!! Haha those who havent been to court won't know but you go through metal detector security and have your bag searched etc.

I went through this twice (went out for a fag) perfectly fine. Then I was looking in my bag for chewing gum and found my pocket knife(!) So on my way out I told them that they need to empty peoples bags when they search them as they missed my knife... "he's got a knife!!" cue me having to negotiate my way out of their lack luster g4s security team! Haha

Back
Top Bottom