I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Don
I have consistently good results with Eryone filament from Amazon and any of the stuff from Hobbyking (although I've found their PETG to be a bit stringier than others).

Associate
You can change them easily. What do you mean change your design? Once the slicer knows the nozzle size it will do it's thing.

I don't really know what I mean as such, Im waiting for my printer to be delivered atm, and have a lot to learn, but its just something I saw, someone had printed a piece with a 0.1 or 0.2mm nozzle so I was curious if you needed to change anything so you get the same same printed piece than if you were to print with say a 0.4mm nozzle?

Another question, I saw that PLA filament is water absorbent, is that only when its on the reel or does that apply after its been printed?

Cheers

Associate
I don't really know what I mean as such, Im waiting for my printer to be delivered atm, and have a lot to learn, but its just something I saw, someone had printed a piece with a 0.1 or 0.2mm nozzle so I was curious if you needed to change anything so you get the same same printed piece than if you were to print with say a 0.4mm nozzle?

Another question, I saw that PLA filament is water absorbent, is that only when its on the reel or does that apply after its been printed?

Cheers

Printing with a nozzle that small does come with some challenges because of pushing filament through a smaller hole, my advice stick to 0.4 and you'll produce some lovely prints. Layer height will be more of a factor on good looking prints.

Not sure of PLA water absorption after printing, I have prints from 5 years ago and they look the same as the day they were printed.

Soldato
Amazon basics filament is junk. I use surreal pla, petg and tpu, available on amazon.

Have used two spools which I mentioned way back one being glow, not a single issue. You mentioned some rubbish about using brass nozzle, used it and no issues then or now.

Maybe you should learn how to set up your printer correctly.

"a bad workman always blames his tools", springs to mind :D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Maybe you should learn how to set up your printer correctly.

"a bad workman always blames his tools", springs to mind :D

You have no idea of my expertise in 3d printing do you? Heads up, I'm in chargr of the 3d printers in the scc labs at Lancaster uni, inc the 5k formlabs sla printers.

Oh, and if you don't know that glow in the dark filament ruins brass nozzles (by enlarging the hole) then I suggest it's you who doesn't know how to set a printer up.

Soldato
You have no idea of my expertise in 3d printing do you? Heads up, I'm in chargr of the 3d printers in the scc labs at Lancaster uni, inc the 5k formlabs sla printers.

Oh, and if you don't know that glow in the dark filament ruins brass nozzles (by enlarging the hole) then I suggest it's you who doesn't know how to set a printer up.
is that supposed to impress me :confused:

Associate
Printing with a nozzle that small does come with some challenges because of pushing filament through a smaller hole, my advice stick to 0.4 and you'll produce some lovely prints. Layer height will be more of a factor on good looking prints.

Not sure of PLA water absorption after printing, I have prints from 5 years ago and they look the same as the day they were printed.

Cheers for your reply mate.
That's a good help.

I'm sure I'll have a million other questions after I get stuck in with my printer lol

Back
Top Bottom