*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Man of Honour
My understanding is that if one devices is wired it'll use the Sonos mesh, if all are wireless it'll use the home wireless. Since I have issues with my XBox and my Sky Q box it's looking more like an issue with a switch. I'm working from home today so at some point I'll wire in a spare dumb switch I have and see if it solves the problem.

Soldato
Think its about time to bin our AP's, we are having nothing but issues on the latest 4.* releases, there forums are littered with similar issues with no acknowledgement and now the forums are a huge mess, its not a company going in the right direction for my liking!

Its just fancy dashboards, style over substance!

Soldato
Think its about time to bin our AP's, we are having nothing but issues on the latest 4.* releases, there forums are littered with similar issues with no acknowledgement and now the forums are a huge mess, its not a company going in the right direction for my liking!

Its just fancy dashboards, style over substance!

Just roll back to the last firmware that worked. Unless you have the AP-IW-HD most of the firmwares are pretty stable. The latest one with the supposedly ‘cosmetic’ dropped packets issue is a stinker though.

Soldato
A full factory reset? You could forget it from the controller, reset it then adopt it back again. Anything else might get messy with the switch not being recognised.

You can also do a reset from the controller but restarting it does the same thing.

I would roll back the firmware if you haven't already and try that. Go back to the last stable firmware you know worked.

Man of Honour
I've just disconnected the Sky Q box and everything (so far) seems to be back to normal. The Sonos Connect is playing fine when connected using cat5 and it's back to using its own mesh. For now I've configured the Sky box to use wireless. My broadband is only 60 Mbit anyway so it shouldn't make a difference, especially as the Sky Q box only has a 10/100 port and it's not far from my UAP Pro.

Man of Honour
Not too sure, but Sonos has been playing fine now without interruption. If watching and downloading from Sky is not affected I'm tempted to keep it how it is. Slightly annoying though as I prefer to cable in as much as I can hence buying a switch for the TV cabinet. :p

I do think Sky have their own internal network somehow and I've read a lot of others having an issue with it, not just limited to UniFi equipment.

Associate
I do think Sky have their own internal network somehow and I've read a lot of others having an issue with it, not just limited to UniFi equipment.

Sky Q TV boxes have loads of compatibility issues with routers. Doesn't even work properly with the new BT Smart Hub 2.0.

I've got Sky Q with Sonos and everything is working fine for me. However I'm not using Sonos Net and my router is a USG.

Soldato
Their forum overhaul is a disaster :(

At least on day 1 it is. Flat structure with tags.

eejimm said they didn’t consult with the Super-users before they did it. There’s a whole lot of frequent posters/helpers who have lost years of accumulated status and if anyone can show me how to see just the routing and switching threads I’d be very grateful!

Caporegime
It's trash and I don't think Ubiquiti realise how vital their community is to getting some semblance of a usable product out of their kit.

Soldato
There’s always Meraki, but your wallet will be lighter.
I personally haven’t had any issues with Ubiquiti, work, home or other installs.
I do however, have an issue with their forum change. It’s hilariously bad, especially considering the size and openness of the community surrounding Ubiquiti.

Soldato
It's trash and I don't think Ubiquiti realise how vital their community is to getting some semblance of a usable product out of their kit.

I’m going to have to disagree with some of that. If you want to mock the USG line for calling themselves 21st century routers then yes, they’re trash. The switches are perfectly serviceable and the access points are excellent, the current dodgy firmware update excepted. The whole SDN concept IS the future of networking and I think that once they realise that Emperor Chris Buechler is naked, someone might hire someone decent back onto the development team and we can get back on track again. Buechler joined UBNT to great fanfare almost 3 years ago and I simply can’t see what impact he’s made on the USG product line-up.

The new forums are execrable and need to be flushed down the toilet of history. I think we can all agree on that.

Back
Top Bottom