• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Outside of the criminally optimistic that was clear looking at the 9900k reviews when it released. In some games/engines the 9900k was quite a bit ahead and in some games the Ryzen close or slightly better. Maybe they have something up their sleeves we haven't seen yet.

Ryzen has been great for the market but we are now 3 gens in and they are still only about level with Intel's creaking architecture. At least they have Intel scratching their heads again which can only be good for the market.

Yup, I'm put off buying i9 because its almost a year old already. Put off by Zen2 because.. I don't actually need more cores yet. I'm waiting for the new games (Cyberpunk, Bethesda etc) and waiting for the right 4K monitor to come out before big CPU upgrade.

Intel's next line of CPUs should be called Diminishing Returns (10nm). I'd totally buy it.

Associate
Yup, I'm put off buying i9 because its almost a year old already. Put off by Zen2 because.. I don't actually need more cores yet. I'm waiting for the new games (Cyberpunk, Bethesda etc) and waiting for the right 4K monitor to come out before big CPU upgrade.

Intel's next line of CPUs should be called Diminishing Returns (10nm). I'd totally buy it.

AMD were actually pretty awesome at E3 with this when they said we are competitive when comparing it to a 9900k. Even then some people still seem to be expecting it to trample the 9900k even when AMD themselves were very honest.

We are still in diminishing returns generally across the CPU market. AMD have done great to catch up but outside of cores, which for gaming at the moment has as a small impact, there has been no big performance leap.

Associate
AMD were actually pretty awesome at E3 with this when they said we are competitive when comparing it to a 9900k. Even then some people still seem to be expecting it to trample the 9900k even when AMD themselves were very honest.

We are still in diminishing returns generally across the CPU market. AMD have done great to catch up but outside of cores, which for gaming at the moment has as a small impact, there has been no big performance leap.

Yes I don't think its an issue of company X being lazy I think its a more fundamental issue of trying to find ways of making silicon go faster. Each company has their own spin on how to say 'we're great' when its fact its 1-5% quicker/ball park.

Permabanned
fos4173j8v831.png

Soldato
Not to put too fine a point on it or that anyone cares but I had a Colonoscopy this morning with no sedation or pain medication. Was all clear, but that was horrendous. So I am VERY feeling in the mindset of treating myself to Zen2.

Back
Top Bottom