• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Got a Taichi. (Elsewhere). Pricing seemed too good to be true

Ditto. Hopefully they'll honour it at that price, I guess we'll see!

3600 is the sweet spot.

Difference between it and 3200 as seen thus far in reviews is minimal.

Buy decent 3600 if you want to be in a position to run at or close to the maximum 1:1 Infinity Fabric divider. Anything more pushes you into a 2:1 divider which by all accounts does not look worth it.

Thanks, any recommendations as to the brand?

Associate
AMD "Ryzen" and Overclocking in the same sentence isn't a thing anymore, apart from those that wear funny costumes and have nice BIG cooling>
That's why I want to see gaming performance comparison of lest say 3900X Vs 9900K.
We know that Ryzen 2 has 0 overclocking potential but that's not the case with 9900K.
Performance difference in games will be then different I bet.

Permabanned
Additional stock arrives tomorrow. So no need to worry.

Those on this thread saying everyone has plenty on stock for Sunday where talking nonsense...
You got Some small 8 pack topic going on new toys ?? Would love th have a link/read if so Thanks :) Cant wait to bite on this myself hehe

If it goes for IF situation I expected that. It's same IMC that Zen 1 and Zen+ uses just new revision. And that's Rambus technology if I remember correct. And Yes It's shame taht IF holds those CPUS back I was hoping 1 chiplet is 1x8core ccx after it came out that its 2xccx i knew not to expect MAGIC with IMC outside ect.

Associate
720p garbage, yes yes i know takes the gpu out of the equation... load of ass...
Bench at what folk play at, no bugger uses 720p and i don't care for the excuses, its simply a rubbish test.
No it's not.
You can test with let's say 2080ti at 1080p or with 2060 at 720p which will probably give you similar resoult.
Not everyone has 2080ti on hand to test .

Soldato
In the hardware unboxed review the thing that stuck out to me was how often hyperthreading hurt the 9900k vs the 9700k in gaming.

Anyone else noticed that?
I've spoken about this several times on these forums, but then a salesman will come along and repeat the Intel marketing that the 9900K is the gamer's choice. In reality it is 50/50 whether HT will help or hurt gaming performance.

Soldato
What's the gamer's choice if budget is not a factor; 3900x or would this be more suited to productivity due to extra cores? Also, what's the performance increase versus a 2700x (again, gaming orientated)?

Reviews are top heavy with info, but I'm looking to have it simplified by those more knowledgeable than me (yes, that's you! :p)

TIA

Associate
Soldato
What's the gamer's choice if budget is not a factor; 3900x or would this be more suited to productivity due to extra cores? Also, what's the performance increase versus a 2700x (again, gaming orientated)?

Reviews are top heavy with info, but I'm looking to have it simplified by those more knowledgeable than me (yes, that's you! :p)

TIA

If budget is not a concern then get the 3900x. Early info reveals limited overclocking headroom and the 3700x does not appear to have a core clock advantage over the 3900x such that it beats it out in gaming.

Soldato
Bought a x570 TaiChi as price is too good ;) but might wait for the 3950x or wait to see what the Amazon USA prices are since have $40 store credit.

Then again may sick with my 8700K as it can do 5Ghz all cores all day day long :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom