• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
That seems like a lot of voltage for a 7nm part, it may be safe but I’d probably be wanting to stay under 1.40v and under 80c for longevity of the part and OC stability. But others can probably advice better!
Correct From what I'w asked .. AMD says that 1.425 MAX for these CPU's, 1.45v if you are using extreme cooling i.e LN2 or water chiller.

Associate
I am considering dumping my 8700k for a new Ryzen CPU.

I know it may not be a benefit but I was really annoyed by Intel with the security issues. I haven't bothered updating the motherboard bios.

Soldato
I've just messaged EKWB to see if they have any plans for Ryzen 3xxx cpu block.

Just had a reply:

Thank you for contacting us.
We are currently still checking out the new Ryzen 3000SPUs to confirm if our current AMD CPU blocks would fit them or not (basically they should), so we hope the compatibility will be confirmed shortly. They should be the same sockets as the previous generation of Ryzen, but we need to make sure it will fit 100%.

Best regards, Ales

Soldato
Just had a reply:
That reply doesn't seem to suggest they understand that the issue is that their blocks have been designed for CPUs with the cores (hottest part) in the centre, but with Ryzen 3 the hottest part of the CPU is offset from the centre. However if the chips are heavier than people expect then this seems to suggest that AMD have beefed up the IHS to make this less of an issue ??

Associate
Yes tracking shows delivery for today and AMD also confirmed this and apologised about the shipping issue, 3800X are in same shipment too.
Yay! \o/ Thank you for being so transparent with this @Gibbo. It's been a bit of a rocky launch but having info direct from you guys has made it all the more bearable :)

Associate
3700x is now showing 9 in stock at ocuk. 3800x still showing pre-order.

Which means if true, ocuk sold 291 out of the 300 they got. Either that or they did not receive the 300 they expected

Edit - looks like they are still being booked in, now showing 10+

Back
Top Bottom