Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
I am a developer so having visual studio full screen in the middle and the ability to have web browser and documentation on the side is amazing especially compared to having two 27 inch monitor next to each other :).

For Games I can see it being amazing for simulations, I need to try elite dangerous with it.
But for exemple if you look at this screens shot I dont feel like the extra horizontal space brings a lot, it looks good though :).

M0hpFwv.jpg

Another amazing feature though is the ability to treat it as two screens especially for console gaming side by side with a computer. Too bad it disables HDR and freesync.

WTmugZa.jpg

Associate
Anyone who owns able to confirm before I push the button?
Could someone who owns please confirm the viability of the split picture?

I want to be able to connect PC to 1 input and output from HDBaseT (HDMI) then display both side by side. Ideally with the PC showing as its in 'full screen' mode so its suitable for gaming.

Is this possible? Does it work? Any tradeoffs (ie whats the hz rate on a game)

Thanks

Associate
Could someone who owns please confirm the viability of the split picture?

I want to be able to connect PC to 1 input and output from HDBaseT (HDMI) then display both side by side. Ideally with the PC showing as its in 'full screen' mode so its suitable for gaming.

Is this possible? Does it work? Any tradeoffs (ie whats the hz rate on a game)

Thanks

Hey I would be happy to help but I am bot sure what you want to do :).

Do you want to sue it as two monitor both going to your pc? ie have two hdmi output from your graphic card going to the two hdmi output on the screen and use both of them side by side ?

Associate
Hey I would be happy to help but I am bot sure what you want to do :).

Do you want to sue it as two monitor both going to your pc? ie have two hdmi output from your graphic card going to the two hdmi output on the screen and use both of them side by side ?

Thank you :)

I wanted to check a Display port input (from graphic card) with a HDMI input from a different source (TV settop, blu ray, shield, anything really)

To then see how does it work?
Any issues which are noticeable either side?
Does the PC think it's in full-screen mode for a game

The test you mention I'd also be interested in with a DP and HDMI again - but the main one is a separate source.

Real world application is the ability to do a full screen computer game on one half of the monitor, whilst having a TV sports input on the other direct feed from Sky/BT rather than their web apps.

Associate
Thank you :)

I wanted to check a Display port input (from graphic card) with a HDMI input from a different source (TV settop, blu ray, shield, anything really)

To then see how does it work?
Any issues which are noticeable either side?
Does the PC think it's in full-screen mode for a game

The test you mention I'd also be interested in with a DP and HDMI again - but the main one is a separate source.

Real world application is the ability to do a full screen computer game on one half of the monitor, whilst having a TV sports input on the other direct feed from Sky/BT rather than their web apps.

Ok I understand now.

So this works pretty well.

I you look at the post #241 in the thread the second picture under the spoiler tag is me using the monitor with my switch on hdmi and my desktop on Displayport.

The pc thinks that the monitor is usable as full-screen mode but there are some limitation in place when you use pbp:
  • The refresh rate is capped at 100 hz.
  • Freesync is disabled
  • HDR is disabled
  • The console and the screen can be at different refresh rate (ie pc at 100hz and console at 60) but I am pretty sure that the whole panel is running at 100hz and interpolate the 60hz source. (Dont quote me on that but that the feeling I got playing).It is not a problem at all but I would rather be precise.
  • I have not tried hdcp handshakes but I dont see any reason why it wouldn't work, I can check tonight with netflix.
If you have any other questions do not hesitate :).

Associate
Ok I understand now.

So this works pretty well.

I you look at the post #241 in the thread the second picture under the spoiler tag is me using the monitor with my switch on hdmi and my desktop on Displayport.

The pc thinks that the monitor is usable as full-screen mode but there are some limitation in place when you use pbp:
  • The refresh rate is capped at 100 hz.
  • Freesync is disabled
  • HDR is disabled
  • The console and the screen can be at different refresh rate (ie pc at 100hz and console at 60) but I am pretty sure that the whole panel is running at 100hz and interpolate the 60hz source. (Dont quote me on that but that the feeling I got playing).It is not a problem at all but I would rather be precise.
  • I have not tried hdcp handshakes but I dont see any reason why it wouldn't work, I can check tonight with netflix.
If you have any other questions do not hesitate :).

Awesome, thank you so much! Missed your spoiler part.

Is it easy/quick to flick between setting up PBP?

Don't suppose you'd know if it has KVM ability? To be able to use the same mouse and keyboard with PBP 2 different computer inputs but use the inputs across both. Not an issue as can use teamviewer / RD if not but thought I'd ask

Associate
Awesome, thank you so much! Missed your spoiler part.

Is it easy/quick to flick between setting up PBP?

Don't suppose you'd know if it has KVM ability? To be able to use the same mouse and keyboard with PBP 2 different computer inputs but use the inputs across both. Not an issue as can use teamviewer / RD if not but thought I'd ask

No worries :).

It is pretty fast to swap in between you have a shortcut on the main menu to get you to the settings and you can then switch which source goes where pretty fast.

And unfortunately it doesn't have kvm capabilities like the Philips one. I remote desktop a lot so it doesn't bother me too much but it would have been nice :(.

Soldato
Had one of these delivered on Friday, just one "niggle" so far, if I put my PC to "sleep" when it wakes up the monitor doesn't always come on, I need to turn it off/on then it comes back up!

Just wondered if anybody had the same?

Very happy with the "3 monitor wide bezel-less" feel of the monitor, I'd like to get a calibrator to get the best out of it, anybody have any recommendations?

I've set it to 100hz (10 bit colour) which is plenty fast enough for me ;)

Associate
Had one of these delivered on Friday, just one "niggle" so far, if I put my PC to "sleep" when it wakes up the monitor doesn't always come on, I need to turn it off/on then it comes back up!

Just wondered if anybody had the same?

Very happy with the "3 monitor wide bezel-less" feel of the monitor, I'd like to get a calibrator to get the best out of it, anybody have any recommendations?

I've set it to 100hz (10 bit colour) which is plenty fast enough for me ;)
From what I understand its an issue that was already present on the chg90.
On my side I just turn it off when I shut down my machine as I did with my other monitors :)

Associate
Has anyone noticed a high pitched noise coming from their screen at all? I have in the past had a high refresh qled monitor from Samsung and when it was ran it 144hz it made a high pitched noise ?

Might pick one of these up soon so just curious ?

Back
Top Bottom